Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks 4pels/IQ3CL

Options
  • 08-02-2000 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

double standards are nothing new
    read some other threads sure smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

no re-scheduling. dates are set, u either play or default. its the best way to do it, perhaps allow each clan the ability to reschedule once in a season, if they give at least 3 days notice, but the match must be played in the following week.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There is no double standards.

CM are likely not to be continuing with the league. Sunday was entirely our fault and while having UL up would have meant having Sonic alright, it was clear that there was no real desire in the clan to compete.

I dont begrudge KCD their points and in fact I apologise for leaving them hanging at last minute (even though I'm not Clan Leader).

Sorry, but many of us are just more interested in other games right now :/

Hardly the same situation, hardly a double standard.

4P have not made any public announcement as to their intent to replay the H match (to my knowledge) tho there has been rumours that they agreeable.
    Ack, whats this to do with me smile.gif

Sorry KCD but it wasnt our choice of timing :/ and GL with the rest of the league.

Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Why did CM bother entering the league then? I don't actually care all that much, cos I'm only playing UT (more or less), but it seems like more of the standard Irish muppetry when trying to get a league sorted.

Just do it as Nog says: the Schedule is put up, you play or you default. Why should your opposition be forced to replay you at another time because UL is down? Seeing as that seems to be up and down like a whore's kacks atm it seems that anyone who's gonna play from UL had better just accept that as an occupational hazard, as it were smile.gif

Not to mention the fact that maybe, just maybe, KCD could have beaten CM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Well I DO care about this.

I would have much rather seen a one group league of 6 or so clans who were willing to make the effort then 2 groups with teams who don't take it seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

such a pity CM are dropping, i was looking forward to giving them a good oooking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Nexus

Ta DeV for those kind words smile.gif.

]KCD[.NEXUS sunglasses.gif

http://homepage.eircom.net/~clangt/

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

El Pres, thats why we are stopping now before any irrevocable damage is done. This way noone is going to have points taken off them unfairly if we drop out.
    This way the clan members who *want* to play on can look for solid clans to take them on.
    As you say yourself, 6-8 clans who play hardcore is better then 12 who are fragmented.

<opinion>
    Castor.... because we thought we'd be mad into it but Quake 3 just isnt ready for prime time net play. I'm sorry but it really isnt.
    If feels crap, its frustrating to play after the freedom of QW and its only fun on a lan.
    Playing Q3 is like asking Man U to play with a beach ball. Its the same basic principles but it does really fly. God knows I wanted this differently and maybe I'll change my mind but it just doesnt fire me up...
    </opinion>

Regi has gotten madly into HL TFC, I am thinking of doing the same, and playing UT CTF (anyone want an obsessive-compulsive defender?). I'll play duels in q3 and maybe the odd war, I'll compete online in QW in the CA league but if its a chore to be in a clan then its time to call it a day.

If you're not having fun, your doing something wrong.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

I was personally for playing a rematch against Hurlin, they made the effort to get to the match, and it wasnt their fault that UL went down, so I felt we should play a rematch, which we did decide to do eventually.

Not anymore.

Firstly UL was down again last weekend, and we were forced to play with 3 hpbs and none of our 2 lpb players. We accepted this and took a loss as a result.

Then I read this on the IQ3CL page:
    KCD were given the option to replay the match or to take the points. They decided to take the point which in my opinion was probably there best option considering the class of players on the CM side.

What the hell sort of double standards are we playing with here? Either we play the way 4P have learned to play in the UK leagues - have a date and time set for a match, or we play friendly and wait for everyone to have their optimal team for every game, and never finish the league.

So whats it gonna be?

Sky-'quite annoyed atm'-ClaD

Fair eneogh Dev, g'luck to yis.

Sorry I got a bit ****ed there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

just wandering now that cm have dropped out do kcd still get those points

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Devore,
    if you are thinking of taking up UT, then can i suggest you have a go with KCD
    having played our first match on tuesday in the team DM league in barrysworld, i have to say that we are quiet a good clan, however we dont really have a dependable player base as most ppl havent yet decided if they will be playing ut or q3a.
    but with myself muso and bug and paladin we are getting very good and in ctf with myself and yourself in defense, i reckon we could be a good combination
    mail me if your interested.....
    oh and we all love ctf too smile.gif

Guinnessman, I'd say you will but so will everyone else so it really makes no difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

wanna play hardball ? then lets play hardball

Advertisement