Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Cd Decks

• 02-01-2004 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Ok well i have decided to invest in pair of cd decks and a mixer.
    i have decided not to get vinyl decks because its expensive to buy the vinyls.
    SO i have been browsing on the net there.
    The best site for pricing i have come across so far is decks.co.uk
    could you tell me some more web sites please?
    so far i have been looking at getting a pair of pioneer cdj 100's for 479 sterling or a pair of Gemini CDJ-20 for 350 sterling. Any know are the gemini's any good or shud i pay the extra 129 for the pioneers if i was to buy

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

pioneer all the way

even stretch for the cdj800 or 1000s if you at all can

if not the 100s will do the trick

get a decent mixer with them tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Tiesto
    i have decided not to get vinyl decks because its expensive to buy the vinyls.
    tit.

in fairness its his choice to make tman, the medium doesnt matter at the end of the day

although if hes intending on being a pirate and leeching off the very soul of the dance industry then i hope his decks break within a week of him having them

but im sure hes not gonna do that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

yeah, i've got no problems with people using cd decks.
    its using cd decks to play unpaid for, downloaded tunes that gets my goat.
    sorry Tiesto, enjoy you new cd decks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

ok well i think im gonna settle with
    http://www.djstore.co.uk/cgi-bin/item.pl?session=323260822&item=numaxis2
    the Numark Axis 2 Desktop CD Player and ill get a decent mixer.
    What you think? considering they are my first decks? then if i use them alot i might upgrade to the Pioneers.
    oh yeah and eh Tman
    BLOW ME!! Tit.

• Advertisement

the axis series arent great to be honest with you man

and as tman said, if youre just gonna download **** then please dont

theyre the kinda people that have the industry in the mess that its in. labels are only releasing tunes from BIG NAME producers wholl make them BIG MONEY guarenteed. people like that are destroying the future of the industry

whos gonna dedicate all their time to making tunes when theyre not gonna be able to make a living from it... part time producers cant make the kinda tunes we need for the furtherment of the scene

if youre gonna use the decks to just play in your room to nobody fair enough, but if you intend on being a dj, for the scenes sake, buy your tunes, or therell be no scene for you to try to beak into in 5 years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

no i intend on buying the music.
    So whats not good about the axis serious?
    can u recommend anything better in the same price range.

buy pioneer

best bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭W1llz0rz

I'm selling Pioneer CDJ-100s.

If you're interested PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

only get cd decks if youre playing unreleased stuff that isnt out on vinyl yet. if youre not then get normal decks and preserve the jobs in the vinyl industry; not just artists but engineers label owners cutting house masters distributors record shop owners etc. the only arguments for moving away from vinyl are the environmental one [records = oil] and the health one [records are heavy]. since you are obviously not the real tiesto and wont be flying around the world to play horrid trance records at anyone for a while i think you are better off getting vinyl. you will care more about your records than about your cds, i would almost go as far as saying that a cd and a record are completely different [though still better than an mp3]. besides.. where on earth are you going to buy your tunes??? you will soon find out that unless you only wanty to play the top 30 hits it makes absolutley no sense to go for cd decks unless you can actually record your tunes off your vinyl and onto a cd... or get the original unmixed tune on cd, and frankly speaking thats impossible right now without a whole lot of extra hassle...

although these do look very very sexy indeed...

224.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

oh and check out www.thomann.de i know lots of people who have ordered off them, and they love their irish customers.

Advertisement