Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neverwinter nights questions

Options
  • 02-01-2004 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

ry to add another thread about nwn but just have a few questions , when you choose your class and then advance levels is it worth picking another class or should I just continue ranger all the way ?

How do I get skills like rapid fire ETC to my quick bar , can get spells down there but have to right click past all the menus to get rapid fire , taunt or parry mode.

Im a Ranger but bow seems fairly useless....was thinking about restarting as a fighter or somthing , do missile weapons get beter as game goes on ?

Theres more but I cant remember them atm ! Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

There are feats only available to certain classes. I'm playing a rogue, but with a few levels of fighter thrown in for extra hit points, weapon proficiencies, and skills. Take a level of fighter and you can get Discipline, Concentration, that sort of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

ry to add another thread about nwn but just have a few questions , when you choose your class and then advance levels is it worth picking another class or should I just continue ranger all the way ?

Multiclassing has some penalties depending on what class you pick and what race you are. If your thinking of this option ide wait a few levels and go for one of the prestige classes(Assuming you have at least one of the expansion packs installed).
    How do I get skills like rapid fire ETC to my quick bar , can get spells down there but have to right click past all the menus to get rapid fire , taunt or parry mode

Right click on an empty quickslot. A menu similar to the one brought up when you right click your character should appear. Navigate that find Rapid fire or whatever and left click it. It should be palced in that quick slot.
    Im a Ranger but bow seems fairly useless....was thinking about restarting as a fighter or somthing , do missile weapons get beter as game goes on ?

Your character may not be suited to using bows (DEX is the primary requisate so if you have a low dexterity youll not be very successful with a bow). Try and find a composite bow that adds a strength bonus. Ranger can get quite deadly with the bow and is particularly useful as support in multiplayer as he/she can take a little frontline punishment in a pinch if kitted out with some good light armor and dual weapons. If you want a little extra to your ranger then take the Arcane archer prestige class when you can(Youll have to take a level in wizard or Sorceror to do taht though, unfortunately)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

thanks ! Nah I got high dex, I didnt want to go two weapons so I use a bow or a Greatsword , its one of my weapon choice thingys, probly shoulda gone two weapons but the greatsword is big :)

Can I have a summonded pet , a charmed pet and an animal companion ? :) that be pretty cool !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

You can have an animal companion and a charmed animal yes. If you take a level in wizard you should get a familiar too.

Advertisement