Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vehicle Reg Cert Duplicate

Options
  • 02-01-2004 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

Time has come & passed for me to re-tax my bike but I appear to have lost the reg cert for my bike :( Do I just ring the department of transport to get a new one? I would have started ringing around already but I'm well sick of ringing some department, being told I need to ring someone else only to be put on an endless search for the right person to talk to.

What (if anything) does it cost to get a new reg cert?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Ring the Vehicle Licensing er, place (could be "office" or similar) in Shannon. They're all issued from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Originally posted by rymus
    I appear to have lost the reg cert for my bike

DUH!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by herbie747
    DUH!

Thanks to you - the most helpful complete moron I've ever encountered.

Cheers sceptre, I'll give em a buzz on monday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Mocking Burd

Rymus,

The same thing happened my car reg doc. Just go to your local Motor Tax office and pick up an RF134 form (see note below from the Kildare cc website for exactly what to do).

quote '

Help, I've Lost Something

1) Don't Panic :eek: !

) Complete form RF134* declaring what documents were lost and have it witnessed at your garda station.

State whether you need a Replacement log book, vehicle licensing certificate or tax disc and enclose the appropriate fee - see below.

The fees for replacements are:

Tax Disc € 6.00
    Log Book €12.00
    Vehicle Licensing Certificate €12.00
    Certificate of roadworthiness (heavy vehicle) € 7.00
    Certificate of roadworthiness (light vehicle) € 3.00

We can only accept applications for replacement documents from the registered owner of the vehicle at the time of application.

*Available from the Tax Office

then you send the form to Shannon (address on form).

Mocking Burd
    :)

bah, 12 quid...

thanks for that mocking burd, I'll get to it on Monday.

• Advertisement

Thanks to you - the most helpful complete moron I've ever encountered.

I'm not the moron mate:
    I appear to have lost the reg cert for my bike

Originally posted by herbie747
    I'm not the moron mate:

really? take a look at your first post and ask yourself the question again...

troll = muppetry = moron = you

Take a look at your website and ask YOURSELF that question....

"Buy me a pint..."
    Spa.
    I'm 22, male (or at least I was the last time I checked), I live about 15 minutes south of Cork city. I love my motorbike - (not) the only woman in my life that currently makes me happy. I don't smoke but I drink to make up for it. Murphys, Beamish or Smithwicks please, you might be able to tempt me with Guinness when I'm away from home though. I have no musical talents as such but I do like listening....
    So? Who cares?

http://www.rymus.net/larf/manrules.html
    I rest my case....

ok now youre just getting ridiculous and as such I refuse to have a battle of wits with someone who is depressingly unarmed.

Glad you liked the website though. While I'm on that topic I'll add that the extract from it that you quoted (so excellently I might add) has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand.
    So? Who cares?

You do obviously if you went to all the bother of repeating it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭trazix

Is the Vehicle Licensing Certificate and the Log Book the same thing, because i only have a Vehicle Licensing Certificate for my car

• Advertisement

i only ever had the vehicle reg cert and insurance cert when renewing tax for the bike, might be a different story for a car though. I'm sure you could find it on oasis

Glad you liked the website though. While I'm on that topic I'll add that the extract from it that you quoted (so excellently I might add) has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand.
    You do obviously if you went to all the bother of repeating it here.

Why do you have that website? What's it's purpose?

To quote Ricky Gervais (Animals - Live):
    The interent is clogged up with home-made websites. E.G. Hi, I'm Bob, and this is my cat (looks confused).....wow, thanks very much!

why does anyone have a website? because in some way there is information on it that somebody wants to read. What you quoted was a tiny section of my entire site. It's a relatively small personal website that actually does have a base of regular readers.

If I was getting 100 hits a month I'd take it down and resign myself to the fact that "oh well, nobody wants to read what I have to write". However, in this case the complete opposite is true.

As for Ricky Gervais; if it weren't for home-made websites all the internet would be is big companies screaming at us from their pedastals; a lá microsoft.

But your website serves no purpose. There are just too many bullsh*t sites like yours on the web - e.g. geocities. And contrary to your mis-informed opinion, there are literally millions of websites that aren't "big companies", that have some content of interest. i.e they serve a purpose.
    Do you really think the entire internet is made up of only: sony.com, microsoft.com, cocacola.com, nasa.com, nbc.com, etc, and if it wasn't for tremendous sites like yours, the internet would be boring???

Your site just has info about you (who nobody knows), your bike (which you can't even find your reg cert for), your hobbies (who cares?), your favourite links (wow!), and your opinions (zzzzz)...complete bollox that nobody has any interest in.

You wish people read your site! The only people in your guestbook are your bogger mates.
    What's the link to your webstats?

You sir, are a twat of the highest order

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

i have to agree with rymus on that one.....If you dont want to read it piss off and dont theirs loads other sites for you to bitch about

Iv read rymus site a good few times and found it a funny lite hearted site which has every right to be on the net

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Lads, this thread is a f*cking disgrace.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement