Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heres a helpfull chap to know!

• 02-01-2004 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

After having a sick h.p printer for the past 6 months that I was told couldn't be fixed, I found this guy at http://www.printech-ireland.com and he fixed it within 20 mins and didn't screw me...brilliant.....thumbs up to these guys...and long live the dirty fingered engineers! Whoohooo I'm printing again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

At best, this is hardly an endearing first post, at worst it is downright dubious. I am not questioning your motivation, but you can see how a new users first post promoting a commercial service might be viewed with some distrust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

thats a good point dod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Kazu

good point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Id agree with dod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ohh i concur!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Yea I also agree.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

Ye its so obviously a spam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Originally posted by Ronaldo7
    Ye its so obviously a spam.

ROFLAMO :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mr-scooby

I was just voicing how deighted i was that there are some good guys out there, nevermind I won't bother again.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Ah lads, it could happen. First time on boards, checks out the technology section and thinks to himself, that nice man I met today was very helpful. I'll post his details in case any one else was in the same boat as me. Well, it's possible anyway, give him a chance. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by mr-scooby
    I was just voicing how deighted i was that there are some good guys out there, nevermind I won't bother again.

Thats fair enough if your genuine but traders have signed up before to advertise in the manner similar to your post so you could forgive us for being a little suspicious about people recommending companies with their first posts. My apologies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

u neglected to say a few things

what printer u had
    what price he charged you

like its hard to find ppl that fix printers mainly because its just not worth it . unless its a a3 printer or a plotter

it was a deskjet 970cxi (quite and oldie but a goodie) and it wouldnt feed paper straight and kept crumpling up. I dropped it into their service centre in tipp town and they charged me €50.00 and gave it a clean too. not bad eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭dod

Mr-Scooby,

My apologies if my wariness of your first post was misplaced, but I think that if you stand back and look at it, you can understand how such a (first time) post could be misconstrued.

Regards,
    dod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Anyway welcome to Boards..............!

Well thanks,

a bit of a rough reception, but I know where you were all coming from.

Thank you for the new welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

it was a deskjet 970cxi (quite and oldie but a goodie) and it wouldnt feed paper straight and kept crumpling up. I dropped it into their service centre in tipp town and they charged me €50.00 and gave it a clean too. not bad eh?

Couldnt you nearly buy a new printer for 50 Euro?

BTW dont know much about the printer, assumings it's an inkjet, couldnt find any info online.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its a colour inkjet photo printer. apparently. Probably worth a good bit more than 50 euro i'd say.

Your right, you can buy a small printer around 50 euros, but if you have over 150 euros worth of ink cartridges left, it kinda makes sense to repair the thing dont you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Sparky191

Your right, you can buy a small printer around 50 euros, but if you have over 150 euros worth of ink cartridges left, it kinda makes sense to repair the thing dont you think?

You can buy a crap printer for €50. You need to be spending 150-200+ to get one with a really decent output. The 970cxi is known to be one of the better ones you can get, especially with printing photos and the like.

• Advertisement
Advertisement