Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BzZZzzTtTt... Jayziz...!!!

• 15-01-2001 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

I just got a static electricity shock from a sink of all things... and I didn't even touch it!

I was just putting a plate, knife and fork into the sink - my hand would probably have been in the centre, width-wise and about the middle height-wise of the sink, when suddenly I felt this static shock coming at me radially from all sides which made me jump backwards.

T'was strange... just made me wonder... what's the weirdest/most unlikely thing you've ever gotten a static electricity shock from ?

bard2.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

bard,
    its not cattle prod day in work is it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Bard was there a television near the sink ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The hand rail on the right as you go up the stairs to the first floor in Hodges Figgis always gives me a shock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

lol MiCrO... no smile.gif ... not today...

OJ... no... but there's plenty of PC monitors around the place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I think i'll win for the weirdest one

This is no joke I got a static electricity shock from my eek.gifgirlfriends nose!!! eek.gif I went to kiss her,we touched noses and bang static shock.

weird and painfull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Nothing strange about getting it from another person, bro' ...

at the end of a meeting, I stood up to shake the client's hand. The ****er must have been building up static for days 'cos I was nearly floored with the shock!...

BzzzzZZzzzZZbbbBBBttTtTt!!!

bard2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Theres a stool like that in nethouse in rathmines(one of the staff ones)

smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

lol yeah Monty hehe, the staff stool in Nethouse Rathmines is soooooo incredibly painful it hurts hehe get it :P

anyway ur all more than welcome to come and try out the very ssssspecial staff stoll in nethouse

£1 a pop

lol

Im Going to Thrash you to within an Inch of your Life.....................
    AND THEN TAKE THAT INCH!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I got a shock from a person too...American quaker called Batch on the US team over at Rapture...he handed me a smoke one morning..and while neither of us were wearing metal on our hands...I got the mother of all electric shocks...you could actually hear the Bzzzt...to which Bunny proclaimed "Eeelectriicityyy" smile.gif
    Also the stairs in the library in UL...steps are made from reinforced glass..metal handrails..so when u walk on the carpet in the library..u go to the stairs and you always get a shock from the handrails frown.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I used to have a wooly jumper as part of my uniform where I worked, it was amazingly good at building up static, one day hen i was in the shopping centre every time I touched a metal surface like a hand rail I got a small shock, kept happening for about 5 minutes smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Every flippin' thing gives me a shock.

Every time I'm in Blanchardstown shopping centre or St Stephen's Green centre, my boyfriend can't touch me or I get incredibly painful shocks all over.

The sink in my old house attacked me (unprovoked, too smile.gif) many a time. The little gate to get behind the cash desk in Dixons (do not fear - I no longer work there!) used to really get to me every time I went through it - and my mate Billy used to build up as much electricity as he could from it on his hands and then cover my ears - now THAT hurt like hell!

Oh, and shopping trollies in the local Tesco's are great for it too... smile.gif

My signature is kinda relevant here, huh?

Do your limbs ever get tingly, eh? eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

This one is weird - I made all of my bleedin hair static once by mixing two different types of hairgel with water, every time I touched it with my hands I got a small buzzing shock smile.gif

Agus anois ar TG Ceathair, ROBOT WARS!
    url="http://www.clan-bse.co.uk"]www.clan-bse.co.uk[/url [ littletinyman@clan-bse.co.uk]

[This message has been edited by [BSE]Littletinyman (edited 15-01-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Mine is common but it got me every day. When working in a supermarket i was on the mineral section (carbonated drinks technician) and evertime i unwrapped an 8 pack of 2l 7-up and touched the combi Id get blown accross the aisle, or when my elbow flies back Id get looks from ppl thinking theres something wrong with me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Im told by the doctor that I have unuasuall abilty to build up static, I cant remember any particular time, happens many times each day that I fry my self

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I remember when I was 16... I used to work for Dunnes Stores ( mad.gif ) ... I'd occasionally have to pack nappies out onto the shelves... those things produced one hell of a shock when i tried to push the metal trolly that I had them loaded onto back into the stockroom... oww

[This message has been edited by Stephen (edited 15-01-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Never got a static shock in my life :-/
    I dont think my body builds up much static I guess.
    Wasnt there a theory that the bio-electro stuff in your body is accected by stress and things?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

hmm
    I wana try it thuis Saturday wyverne
    that ok ?
    smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Paladin:
    Never got a static shock in my life :-/
    </font>
    If you ever used to watch TFI Friday on C4, then u might remember the time Will wore these funny wooly shoes and every time he walked across carpet he'd build up static and Chris Evans would make him get a shock off a door so as everyone could laugh at WIIIILLLL(he was basically there to make fun of, his name, family, his clothes, his job etc.) wink.gif

So if u want to buy some furry shoes and try it out, be my guest.

Gwan, its an experience. biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

You are all freaks of nature and evolution is attempting to cull you from the non-static-inducing super-race...

Now, that's just an oppinion....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ok, avoid plastic-soled shoes on certain (especially) plastic floors coverings (some carpets and vinyls).

If you get shocked by a sink - you should have it checked out to make sure the pipework is earthed - you should ba able to see a yellow and green earth wire connected tot the copper pipework. Otherwise you might get a real shock.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Hmm, I'm really more of a 220v electric shock person my slef (live wires and what not).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

LOL, speaking of Live wires, I stood on an open junction box before, it was only 220 V, still alive.... electric shock, I laugh in the face of it.

(I was 11)

John

Advertisement