Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eddie Rockets

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

Originally posted by bazH
    I dont get it, see the cards are part of boards.ie http://www.boards.ie/gathering/index.html

Why are you slagging off a fellow boards lad about them?

Just because they exist, doesn't mean he HAS to use them. He CHOSE to use them because he thinks they are funny.......which they aren't.

You don't see everyone using them just because "the cards are part of boards.ie".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by herbie747
    Just because they exist, doesn't mean he HAS to use them. He CHOSE to use them because he thinks they are funny.......which they aren't.

One ESPECIALLY for you head. :D

attentionwhore.jpg

:rolleyes:
    And you think you're funny now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Herbie747 are all your replies just deconstructing other people's insults/comments/remarks directed at your general direction? It's quite pathetic seeing you flop around trying to convince other people (and others you hope) that what they said wasnt actually funny/original/unique.

Well...herbie747 NOT EVERYTHING HAS TO BE/IS FUNNY/ORIGINAL/UNIQUE.

From every single one of your posts I can form a perfect mental picture of the person you are portraying.

Someone insults you.
    People laugh.
    You reply..'OH! That was so funny and original, how long did it take you to make that one up?'

Here's an idea. Try and reply for once without saying how unfunny someone is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I liked dod's post. The rest of ye can fúck off :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Great reading that story of yours dod, twas most enjoyable! :D:D

And on a note about Eddie Rockets .... mmmmmmmmmmmmmm MMMMMMMM!!! Yum yum, they serve yummy burgers, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM *drools*

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Notice Herby747's posts are getting shorter and shorter, and, as my mother would say, "stroppier"?

...wonder does he realise that watching a muppet run in circles is great entertainment....kinda like noob baiting :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

You (and the retarded poster after you) thought that card was hilarious

Wow, all I said was "Good call" cuz I thought it was mildy amusing. Wtf did I ever do/say to wrong you, your highness? Couldn't even copy and post my name could ya?

Have you reached puberty yet by any chance? You appear to have the mentality of a stroppy 8 year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Id say that Herbie is actually a junior assistant night manager in a Supermacs somewhere who currenly has an irrational clenching feeling in his cheeks because Eddie Rockets excited a literary sensation in a fellow Boards denizen.

He will chill out a bit when he makes full assistant undermanager with till keys in 2008

(see ........no cards :D)

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Eddie Rockets is a hole, the food is manky and the only time I ever eat there is when i've been drinking and get the muncies at 3am. No way would I eat there sober...and you need to be sloshed to pay the prices they charge.

Also, only self righteous dorks use the boards.ie game cards.

Originally posted by eth0_
    Also, only self righteous dorks use the boards.ie game cards.

I know. That's what I've been trying to tell them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Good read, it's making me hungry. And I'd love a chocolate malt! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

jesus there is so much criticism here...I did think the original post was serious overkill, but it was a grand read all the same..... he/she probably was hoping for a glowing review by the sounds of it, so I can see where Libertine is coming from, but thought the slander was too severe. I'm a "gamer" and i dont use the boards.ie cards at all, but I wouldnt pass judgement on someone for using them ffs
    thread is becoming total bollix :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Libertine

Originally posted by therecklessone
    Might want to buy a new callendar, he posted in January

A minor slipup; one however that pales in comparison to the catastrophic error your parents made when they decided to engage in intercourse.

As for Herbie747 - you have my deepest sympathy. You seem to have incurred the wrath a herd of autistic cattle who are intent on digging an increasingly large mass grave for themselves with every post they write. The fact that there was such revolt and shock when the word "nerd" was mentioned mentioned presents us with the most apt opportunity for use of the "In Denial" card that I have seen in my short boards.ie membership...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Frank Grimes - he was calling him a spa, not a nerd.

Bugler - of course plenty of people are afraid to express what they really think. Two reasons for this:
    1) They don't have an opinon, but recognise what the most popular one is and echo it as quick as they can in order to be accepted by the crowd.
    2) They do have an opinion, but are scared that it mightn't be the "correct" opinion to have, and so similarly, go with the crowd.

Libertine, thanks for the laugh. I really like the cut of your jib!
    I ruminated ponderously whether to qualify the preceeding statement with an addendum to make it clear that I had been speaking platonically, as my mouse pointer hovered tentatively over the submit button...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

hmmm

expected a b*tchin session about eddie rockets at some point during that essey...but no... Nicely written at places and interesting comparisons in the story (different couples, atmosphere of US to ireland etc) But overall i think it should be in creative writing where it would be properly treated. But it was worth the 1min and 40seconds it took to read, so dont expect me to pay anymore.

On the replies. Libertine i enjoyed your replies you were funny and spoke your views.

Herbie your arguments are dull and remind me of newbands whining on the acid post as you seem to be going in circles (and if u didnt spot the irony the following 2 cards given to you then shame)

On a side note and a question to the author, how can you stand eating in a restaurant on your own?

I can almost stand a place like burger King or supermacs where its sit eat leave. But Eddie Rockets you have to wait, eat. wait again, pay, leave. When i'm on my own it drives me nuts (more so when couples or children surrond) Reminds me of a day i asked a girl out a few years back to the cinema and meal, sadly the day before we were to go out we had a fight and she cancelled, I still tried to make good my day (tickets etc bought) and unable to secure a replacement mate (2 lads in a beutiful mind...NO!!!!) i travaled alone and ate in Pizza Hut alone.

NEVER

eat in a restaurant when love life is ****e, it can only mean severe mental trauma. I wanted to break the bottle on my table over the head of the guy next to me as he confessed how perfect his girl made his life. Course on the other side they didnt speak just snogged all through my meal. Oh the anger.

So how do u pass the time (apart from staring at other people (and your waiter) in the place.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

very enjoyable read.
    the fact that a few select people would like to post ****e like "FOOKING **** TBH" ruins it. If you want to critisize his work, do so in a constructive manner, not like ****ing twelve year olds

Originally posted by Tellox
    very enjoyable read.
    the fact that a few select people would like to post ****e like "FOOKING **** TBH" ruins it. If you want to critisize his work, do so in a constructive manner, not like ****ing twelve year olds

If he's looking for constructive criticism on his crap short story, he should have posted it on the Creative Writing board.

And "BlitzKrieg": there's nothing ironic about being a fookin' knob-end and using one of those cards - no matter what you say. It's just sad. I didn't "miss" the irony - it was just crap....period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭leonotron

Can I have the five minutes of my life I just spent reading that trash back please. What a waste of time. Can you just write these pieces and stick them to the back of toilet doors in pubs where they would be better appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

A well though out and written, nice 1 DOD a treat to read

And "BlitzKrieg": there's nothing ironic about being a fookin' knob-end and using one of those cards - no matter what you say. It's just sad. I didn't "miss" the irony - it was just crap....period.

And yet another one just for you Herbie ......you mega-humourificatious entity you.

godgivenright.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

More riviting stories here for those of us who are now hooked and waiting for the sequel. Roll on Xmas 2004.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

You're all special.

Advertisement