Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Matrox g400 graphics card problems ?

• 03-01-2004 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Has anyone out there had any problems with the Millenium edition of the Matrox g400 duel head graphics card? I have one that keeps swithching the head on boot up...The defaults in administrator are set to head 1 and the hardware profile check out on Winxp pro. If anyone can shine some light on this, I'd much appreciate it. It's a dell model with the correct driver.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

so when you switch it on no matter what head u have it plugged into it switches to the other ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mr-scooby

thanks for replying

No, it seems that if I use head 2 it doesnt switch, but on head 1 it does.
    Its not always on every boot up, it's maybe 2 times out of 10. The only thing I can come up with at this stage is the Bios, but I have no idea what that has to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 mr-scooby

I have it cracked ! The graphics card had slightly popped out of the AGP slot (ever so slightly) and i think the o/s was just finding the second head as a default. I suppose thats a lesson for us all when using duel head graphics cards.

Advertisement