Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing CDs in DVD player

Options
  • 03-01-2004 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

I want to buy a DVD player (a Pioneer DV-565, for example). I want to use it for listening to CDs as well as for watching DVDs.

The thing that worries me is the noise that the player makes when spinning a disk. Both my PC DVD player and a cheap standalone DVD player that I've seen make a sound like a vacuum cleaner when playing CDs. Definitely don't want that when I'm listening to classical pieces.

Is this a generic problem with lower-end DVD players? Is it a problem with the Pioneer player I mentioned?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭matc66

I have a Pioneer DV350 and use it as my principle CD player, it works excellently perhaps the only failing being that it is a bit slow to start playing the first track of a new CD. Noise definately isn't a problem, unless minimalist music is too your taste?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

That's good to hear. Thanks for the info!

Advertisement