Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elliott Smith Tribute gig- Jan19th

Options
  • 03-01-2004 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Just seen on the Village website that the tribute gig is set for the 19th: :)

Elliott Smith Memorial Show to be held Monday 19th Jan.

Following Smith's death, memorial gigs were held all over the US, and The Village will be host to Dublin's Smith memorial.

Special guests to be announced.
    Artists will be performing tracks from Elliott's back catalogue.

ELLIOTT SMITH MEMORIAL TRIBUTE SHOW Featuring: Turn, The Walls, members of Bell X1, members of Ten Speed Racer, Bjorn Baillie of La Rocca, Random, Adrian Crowley, Redtwelve, Katell Keineg, and Bray Vista

Tickets: €15

info

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    The66e gig is on that night, and I don't even know if I'll make it to that!
    God damn :mad:
    xxx me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭luce

In the unlikely event that I'm able to go to anything, the 66e come first.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

luce mydarkstar and meadhbh - serious repetition going on here, and am i following ye ? but like i said i'll see whomever of ye make it to the village!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭mydarkstar

heheh, yeah this is getting weird, who's following who round here:p
    I'll definitely be there, no way in hell will i be anywher else on the 19th:D :D

We're *BUSTED*
    Hee hee :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Christ, I can see it now, Glen Hansard murdering Elliot Smith tunes...

is glen hansard definitely doing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Jolene

Glen "Special Guest" Hansard?

I'll go out on a limb and say he might just turn up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭The Weatherman

I don't thnk he's a fan of his music, thankfully!

Originally posted by Jolene
    Glen "Special Guest" Hansard?

I'll go out on a limb and say he might just turn up
    ah have a little faith, he's not always the "Special Guest".....'usually', but not 'always'.
    He might be okay anyhoo...... worse things happen at sea, umm or so i'm told :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 gracie

do you have to be famous to play at this and/or is there anyway of getting in touch with whoever's organising it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

do you have to be famous to play at this

If not I'll be down to do my kazoo rendition of "rose parade"

Originally posted by gracie
    do you have to be famous to play at this and/or is there anyway of getting in touch with whoever's organising it?
    Not sure really but since its on the Village you could always try mailing Derek Nally derek.nally@oceanfree.net , or John Hennessy music@thevillagevenue.com , they deal with booking enquiries there.
    Or maybe just a general mail to info@thevillagevenue.com will do the trick!
    Good luck with that:) :)

Anyone know where to buy tix?
    - as of this afternoon Ticketmaster knows nothing about the gig, but maybe that'll change.
    I'd just rather get tickets sooner than later

Originally posted by mydarkstar
    Not sure really but since its on the Village you could always try mailing Derek Nally derek.nally@oceanfree.net , or John Hennessy music@thevillagevenue.com , they deal with booking enquiries there.
    Or maybe just a general mail to info@thevillagevenue.com will do the trick!
    Good luck with that:) :)

Anyone know where to buy tix?
    - as of this afternoon Ticketmaster knows nothing about the gig, but maybe that'll change.
    I'd just rather get tickets sooner than later

thanks!
    now heres something in return:

Oh Jeff...

/me melts

You LOSER :p

Only messing, he is pretty damn attractive :)

xxx me

Was

thanks!
    cheers, dont really have that many elliott pics on my pc :)

have a look at elliott smith gallery or the pictures section of sweet adeline

for those interested - tickets will be in road sonudsella and ticketmaster at some stage - before the night,

t

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Is the Village strict on id? and what time would doors open.

Originally posted by lordgoat
    for those interested - tickets will be in road sonudsella and ticketmaster at some stage - before the night,

t
    Did Soundcellar tell you that???? :D:D
    - i'm having a cr*p time trying to find out anything on this.

I rang Ticketmaster and Soundcellar today- both said they'd never heard of the gig.
    Rang Road, who said they didnt have any plans to get tix.
    The Village sent me an email saying tickets are only available on the door on the nite.
    Since their website says "on sale now!" i rang them to confirm which was right, the girl who answered said that the website was a misprint..... so i'd better come early oin the 19th if i was that interested:mad: :mad:

This has had me so pissed off today:rolleyes:

I really hope yr right Lord G.:D :D

Originally posted by doctor evil
    Yeah it is. Borrow some decent ID and look old.
    I was at a gig there over Christmas and a ****load of people were turned away.

sorry mydarkstar i was just quoting the 'turn site' about tickets and presumed that they're rght (my bad) but i'm inclined to just turn up early on the night, going to give road a ring on monday and if they haven't heard by then that they're getting some - it'll prob be pay in on the door,

and yea the village is quite strict on the door and you more than likely will be asked for ID, its the only place i get hassle in dublin and i haven't be underage for oh a few years now!!

hope to see ye there,

t

:) i'm gonna stop getting so damn worked up over the ticket fiasco, and just look forward to the night, i'd say it's gonna be fantastic.
    Have been singing in my mind all the songs i'm hoping are gonna be played, theres so many!
    Ollie was talking on NewYearEve about loving Clementine and Angeles, so they should be on his list too (hehe, i've been rabbiting on about this gig to everyone!:p )

Since the people doing the gig are fans of Elliotts i'm sure none of them would want do any of his songs an injustice, but I only really realised today that a small part of me is still expecting to hear them sung in his voice.... :(:(

Originally posted by doctor evil
    According to the Village, doors are at 8........ does that seem a bit late to anyone else?
    nope, just me then:o

yea looking forward to the gig - decided to def. going barring a disaster, and yea it'll be good to hear some really good music, angeles is a sweet song too,

8 seems ok to me but jst go a bit early and drink in the village bar is my plan, probv be gettin a trai up from galway on monday so i should get in to dub around 6:30-7pm so not too long to wait..

see you there dark,

t

Advertisement