Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watford Vs Chelsea (contains score)

• 03-01-2004 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

A thrilling game, they deserved the draw but what was the linesman thinking for the first Watford goal? A ludicrous decision.
    Liverpool in the league on Wed.

Watford 2-2 Chelsea

Helgunson Gudjohnsen (pen)
    Mahon Lampard

a CB is a necessity in the window and possibly a right winger, a player that can play on both sides would be even great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Chelsea played like they didnt want to win, but that linesman should be shot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Great result, I'm listening to the Watford manager on five live - he reckoned the ref done well! Also they should have had a penalty.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

what was the linesman thinking for the first Watford goal?

With eyesight like that he must be a Goonar.:D

What was the chelski defence doing for the second goal? Thats 2 matches in a row where they have been found out. From here on the pace hots up and their defence does not look as assured as it did earlier in the season.

They deserved their draw today and will win the replay but they will have to defend better against the better teams later in this competition and league if they are to win anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

Neil Sullivan was also at fault for the second goal and he could have cost us another. Desailly seems to have caught Edgar "I'm a superstar Davids syndrome"
    He's a great player but he does stroll games at times.
    Hopefully Mutu's barron spell will end at The Bridge on Wed againgst Pool, him and Johnson were our best players today.
    Didn't like Neil Ardely's comment to the ref after Helgunson's two fotted challenge on Makelele "well done ref he made a meal of it"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

When is Duff due back Smuckers because you's are seriously missing him badly?

• Advertisement

Yes we are missing him, any team would. He is due back in a week I read, same with Veron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Chelsea are rubbish! How a team with so many so-called superstars could only pull out a draw against Watford who are from the first division. Have to do better Chelsea or United will walk over ye in the premiership! :D

I could have sworn Sheff Utd took Gooners to a replay about 2 years ago?

Utd really did walk over us at The Bridge didn't they? This is The FA Cup after all, it reminded me of the 1-1 draw against Watford a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

scratch this post.
    chelsea were lacklustre. what happened lads? duffer's not about to bring up the spirit?

• Advertisement

That should be Oxford a few years back.

It looks like The Soton players didn't respond to Strachan's stong words after last weeks dismal perfomance against Arse.

Originally posted by smuckers
    I could have sworn Sheff Utd took Gooners to a replay about 2 years ago?

Thats Arsenal boy. Are you rating Chelsea at the same as Arsenal?

Originally posted by Aliminator
    scratch this post.
    chelsea were lacklustre. what happened lads? duffer's not about to bring up the spirit?

Yes Duff is badly missing but he is not untouchable we have lost games with him in the team but the point is going back to The Muppets Post its our inability to deal with crosses and set pieces which has been the achilles heel all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Chelsea players looked like they didn't want to ruin their nice shiney boots !!!

That first goal from Watford was a gem :D:D

That said I predict 3 - 0 to Chelski at Stamford Bridge.

Tinky

Originally posted by sci0x
    Thats Arsenal boy. Are you rating Chelsea at the same as Arsenal?

No I'm not, I was stating the fact that even The mighty Gooners were forced into a replay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

That first goal from Watford was a gem

Definite contender for goal of the month.:D

Seriously though Chelski could have gone out to that "goal" and while it adds to the spectacle it could have cost them a lot of money in gate receipts later on. Not a major problem for Mr Moneybags but decision like that could have very serious consequences for other clubs , leeds for example.

Originally posted by smuckers
    No I'm not, I was stating the fact that even The mighty Gooners were forced into a replay.

Look at the table. Who is on the top. Save you the bother.. United - the one, the only MAN UNITED.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Top class competition for Chelski and they drew,what a good result for them considering Watford are crap.

How do ou expect to win in the Premership if you can't even beat Watford

And Watford should have got that penalty!!!!

Good free by Geremi near the end,even better save by the keeper,funny to think he is actually a Chelski keeper on loan

He was nowhere for the second goal though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Originally posted by The Muppet
    With eyesight like that he must be a Goonar.:D

Muppet:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement