Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Rumble Will Be Shown Live here

• 03-01-2004 5:57pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Royal Rumble has been saved!
    It will be shown live at 1am on setanta sport 1, Sky Channel 435 according to the wwe themselves. Ordering information will follow shortly, ive never ordered anything from this channel before so dont know wot their like.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

Setanta is usually free, havent seen any blocks or ordering information hotlines displayed on that channel yet

Shin

Correction to the above statement

ATTENTION U.K. FANS
    For our fans in the U.K., the Royal Rumble can be seen live on pay-per-view at 1 a.m. on channel 435. Keep checking back here in the coming days for detailed ordering information.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

setanta are not free to air - they pick up a lot of ppv which sky cant be bothered with - scottish football/certain boxing ppvs and recenty ufc - big mistake on skys part as rumble has been their most successful ppv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

their not that cheap either :(

they were charging €30 for cricket last week :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Yeah but in fairness Cricket is usually based over a number of days and a day normally lasts about 6 hours :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

It's not saved for people without Setanta. Looks like I'll have to go to my backup plan of ordering it online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

So I guess the PPV channel on NTL digital wont be covering it then....flup it anyways!!

Exit I checked out ordering the december ppv online..and the website said it was only available for a few select countries :(

Ah ****! I didn't think of that. What website was this by the way?

Just found out that Setanta are asking 26 euro for the royal rumble

That is way to much money

Shin

€26

no ****ing way am i paying that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Hear hear!, i'll wait a few months then buy the DVD. :)
    Nero

• Advertisement

Where do you normally buy the dvds nero?

Depends:
    I only collect the WWF/E stuff, i posted the link to my list a while back.
    My player is multi region - so the stuff from 1999 (Wrestlemania 15) - May 2002 (Judgment Day) I got from either amazon.co.uk or else ebay.

Anything after that you'll find in either Templecom beside Aston Quay or else try Golden Discs on Henry St, they usually have a good selection downstairs. It's also the only place i've seen in Dublin City Centre that still has a copy of From The Vault, and after picking it up a few months ago, you get a good bang for yer ooro at e25 :)

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 nitemonkey04

does anybody know if there is any way i can get the royal rumble pay pair view on
    ntl digital cause there is no setanta sport on it
    man i better beable to get it cause i have never missed a royal rumble it's my favorite event of the year and im not wait for dvd cause it wont until about may or june cause i cant wait that long

Well it looks like the only choice ya have is wait for the DVD or find someone who's subscribed to sky, pay him the box office fee and camp at their place.

Ugly choice but sh|t happens.
    Nero

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

Originally posted by shinzon
    Just found out that Setanta are asking 26 euro for the royal rumble

That is way to much money

Shin
    Its cheaper then the states the cost about $40 out there for some of the ppv's.

Yeah, I don't think it's that expensive. If I had the option of paying for it I would.

Originally posted by de5p0i1er
    Its cheaper then the states the cost about $40 out there for some of the ppv's.

imagine the buy rates if they charged the equivalent of $40 for a 1am event? wont happen for a long long time. hopefully PPV will be dead by the time that happens, that will probably never happen though

Check this out

http://www.setanta.com/tv/royal_rumble.html

I rang NTL on the number given there and they said they are in price negotiation with setanta for the event... Heres praaying cause ive watched the rumble live for the past 4 years in a row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

persoally i think its hilarious that people are bitching about actually having to pay for a ppv for event.

for years we have been getting mostly free ppvs - when the rest of the world are charged ppv fees by their local operator

i think its about time to wake up and smell the roses - we may have to pay for all ppvs from now on if the buy-rates for the rumble are good - thats just good business sense when all is said and done.

we go get wwe programming for free, others are paid with subscription to sky - so why should we be getting ppvs for free when others have to fork out cash for them aswell.

i have no problem paying for a ppv i want to see, e.g. rumble, but there are others that i would downright refuse to pay to see (mostly raw only ppvs)

just my $0.02

Originally posted by Washout
    Check this out

http://www.setanta.com/tv/royal_rumble.html

I rang NTL on the number given there and they said they are in price negotiation with setanta for the event... Heres praaying cause ive watched the rumble live for the past 4 years in a row.

Good stuff! I really hope this works out.

As for paying for PPVs, I have no problem at all with it. Obviously I'd prefer to not have to pay for something, but I've paid for every PPV that I've had to (apart from the UK PPVs cos they're just crappy)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

My aunt tends to pay for a lot of the PPV's for me when they're on. I've missed sooo many in the last year,so i hope she gets the Rumble for me(sounds scabby,i know,but i always pay her back)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭irishman_abroad

I just rang NTL and they said that Setanta had bought the rights to all WWE programing so there will be no more wrestling on SKY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

the wrestling chanel will be here soon so well have plenty of wrestling on sky

NTL?

I think what he meant was that setanta have bought rights to royal rumble as far as NTL are concerned.

sky still has rights for other ppvs this year.

and theres no way setanta have just managed to get their hands on all rights to wwe TV

Thats what yer wan from NTL said.
    Setanta have bought all the rights for WWF programing

Hope it is just the normal NTL incompetance

bull****

Seatanta have bought the rights to RAW, Smackdown, all PPV's

as i have already said thats bull****. Sky would be mad to leave go of their top rated programming on their sports channels (after football)

what Setanta have probably gotten is the 4 PPV's that arent on Sky Sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭SteM

There was a piece about in the Irish Times today - it was vague but the jist of it was that they'd just bought the rights to the PPVs that Sky don't have already. There's no mention of Raw or Smackdown but there's no way I'd trust anyone working for NTL's 'customer support'.

The piece said that the Royal Rumble would be available on Setenta through Sky & NTL Digital on Sunday.

Im sure NTL will update their EPG for the royal rumble on the PPV channel IF and When they get it

• Advertisement

i had a look at the preview on Setanta and the picture looks dodgy, not as clear as it does when Sky show WWE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

OK so as of now can I (with NTL) order and watch the Royal Rumble from Setanta

id give it till thursday before ringing them.....the should ghave it all sorted by then.

ordered the rumble from NTL digital last night.

also it appears they are showing repeat showings on monday.

21.99 is it just me or is that cheaper than sky box office used to be?

No that's the exact same price.

Have to order it later!

• Advertisement

how soon do sky take out he money for the ppv when you order, id like to see this but he money wont be in there to pay for it till monday

shin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭SteM

Well when you order PPV footy that comes through on your next bill so I would have though this would be the same?

Yeah, it just goes on your bill.

right so dont have worry bout it till next month lol

cheers

shin

i have waited 2 months before payment was taken for events so Sky have no real rush. what Setanta do i don't know

• Advertisement

rang setanta this morning and booked it, very mechanical operation though, press this this and this and thank you for your custom, very strange though, no details were asked, like viewing card number etc etc, i suppose they can get those details anyway, they did ask to press star twice LOL

Yes i know you can book it through thr EPG, but im old fashioned, i like to speak to people when im doing this sorta thing, unfortunately this time i didnt so I have to rely on electronics and button pushing to do it

Ah well roll on the rumble

Shin

Does anybody's NTL box confirm that the Rumble is actually on? And does it confirm that it's been ordered??

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Ive just after ordering the royal rumble and just like shinzon was greeted by a mechanical method, this more worrying than sky box office methods coz no viewing card was asked to be dialed in....I hope this method works and that i can watch the rumble....

Ordered the rumble tonight. Got to see the first 15 mins of it and then it went off?! what the hell is up with that? I hope that Setanta don't try and charge me for an event I failed to see. I saw the batista/flair vs dudley boys match but thats it. Rey Mysterio was just coming on when it went off.

I ordered it on NTL and didnt get to see it at all...the first one ive missed live in5 years.

I: rang NTL last night at 1am and they said that it was coming up as purchased on my aco**** details so they asked me to reboot the box and if it still didnt work wait for the repeats later and if it still didnt work then they would credit my account

FFS I want to watch this thing NOT get me money back...btw James R are you on NTL or sky?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

worked fine for me on sky digitial, i admit up to 15 minutes into the ppv i was edgy awaiting a blue screen to appear but thankfully it didnt, how the ppv worked without requiring my telephone number or viewing card is beyond me but at least it worked.

i hate mechanical jobbies, put me right off, but thankfully no blue screens here, taped it the whole way through.

I was hoping more than anything else that it wouldnt blue screen and it didnt thank god.

still though nothing like talking to a person in my opinion

shin

Ordered and watched it on NTL, no problems.

I'm with Sky washout

Advertisement