Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DMX 2004 Template Application

Options
  • 03-01-2004 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

I applied a new template (without any editable regions) to an existing site in DMX 2004. Unfortunately I didn't really know what I was doing.

When asked where I wanted to resolve the content in editable regions of the existing pages to, I selected nowhere. As a result I appear to have lost loads of content from the original pages.

Is there anyway I can get it back?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Unless you have a copy of the old files somewhere on the server the answer is NO.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Fergal C

Louie,

Thanks for response. Have found an old out of date copy so all is not lost. Stupid mistake cost me quite a few hours work, though.

Are you working with .asp or .html pages?
    If you are saving them as .asp you could use the <--!#include file="file name.asp"-->
    makes it a lot easier for updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Fergal C

Louie,

Working with HTML pages. Just getting to grips with HTML and DMX haven't progressed to ASP yet.

Thanks for suggestion.

Even if the entire page is pure html, you can still save the pages as .asp instead .htm or .html

It makes it easier for future changes and beside this you can do a lot a staff with asp pages.

Try this:

Open a new window and between the <body> and </body> tag write(in code view)
    <%=date()%>
    then press F12 t see the result

• Advertisement
Advertisement