Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maximising window

Options
  • 04-01-2004 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭

When I click on a link to open up a new web page it is minimised,

What do I need to alter to ensure that it is automatically maximised :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Open it in a tab?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭somano

Is it not something in Internet Options ? I obviously tweaked my system too much.

When I click on a link the window appears on screen but then I have to maximise to read.

OFFLER, I take it you didn't mean hit the TAB button ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Do you use IE or Firebird/Mozilla cause if you use IE well that wont work, if you use F/M then just middle-click on any link and it will open in a tab; full page. This page here will explain tabs the first pic is of three tabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Yeah, it's annoying in IE. Basically open a window and it'll open minimized, so maximise it. Close all previous windows, and from your now maximised window, open another link in a new window. It should open maximised. But it might not, it's annoying like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭somano

I use IE6 and WIn98se. I never had this problem before. Not a major problem but surely there is a box to tick somewhere that will ensure window is automatically opened when link is clicked on ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement