Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lucan bypass speed limit.

Options
  • 04-01-2004 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭

Cant seem to find what the limiit there on the lucan bypass actually is.

Reason i ask is that the camera went off after i had passed the lines by about 20 feet. When it goes off for a car, the car is normally still on the lines for the photo isnt it?

Went through it at about 41. Thought the limit was 50 but wasnt sure so kept slow, only i accelerated just after the lines... There was a car behind me and it was closing on me but not fast. Might have been for him.
    Any clues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Armadillo

That's definitely a 50 mph zone just at the end of the motorway opposite the Spa Hot(el). I think the lines on the road extend further in the overtaking lane than they do in the lane nearest the hardshoulder. Which lane were you in?
    If the guy behind you was in the overtaking lane and was travelling over 50, then he can probably expect a extra envelope in the post.....

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

wouldn't worry because
    a: you were under the limit
    b: this occasionally happens where it flashes incorrectly
    c: there is unlikely to be a camera with film in the Gatso
    more info about the technology can be found here: www.speedtraps.ie.nu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

There is a speed camera very close after the change to 40mph zone on the way towards city centre. The camera would go off as your passing though so i would think it was for the guy behind you.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Originally posted by mbroaders
    There is a speed camera very close after the change to 40mph zone on the way towards city centre. The camera would go off as your passing though so i would think it was for the guy behind you.
    There is not - the speed limit drops from motorway level (70mph) to 50mph a few hundred metres before the Gatso (as you drive towards the city). The speed limit stays at 50 until you drive under the flyover near the foxhunter / Woodies where it then drops to 40mph (~1mile distance).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

Thats cool. Sounds like it definitely wasnt me.

Wondering about the technical aspects though.
    1: Does the flash go off even if there is no film or camera in it?
    2: Does the flash go off when the car is still on the lines or beyond them?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by fluffer
    1: Does the flash go off even if there is no film or camera in it?
    Yes.
    Originally posted by fluffer
    2: Does the flash go off when the car is still on the lines or beyond them?
    The (double) flash goes off whilst the car is on the time/distance markings.

Advertisement