Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Dvd burner going for 130 quid

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I missed the burner in the Aldi in Ballincollig ... I got stuck in traffic (some gobshíte on the back road) and by the time I arrived at 9:10 they were gone ... seemed to be a good few usb drives in peoples hands though ... saw someone with two of them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by oneweb
    One's Retail boxed (A06), one's OEM (106).

/me Duh! . The Aldi yoke was more comparable to the Retail version given the software bundle . I got there late as well but there is a stack of inkjet refills and of photo glossy paper in Galway as I write.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Originally posted by ozmo
    Maplin have a USB2.0 External Hardisk box. You just pop in an IDE drive.
    I think it was about 45 euros in the Christmas sales.
    thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Whoever was lucky enough to get one - there's a firmware update here

OK so,
    komplett (click twice) have them for €210 plus del, (the Pioneer 106, no software mentioned tho(?))

itdirect have them for €251 (the Pioneer A06, no software mentioned tho(?))

I came across a site that had them for €169 (the Pioneer 106 w/o software). Will try to backtrack to find out who if anyone wants to know.

Feck, had I realised how good value they were I woulda gotten up an hour earlier and also not chanced the first bus which took waay longer to get in :'( What time did ppl start queuing?

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I certainly do not work for aldi!

A friend went in in the morning for me, got towards the top of the queue. I had to be at work myself.

I won't actually get my hands on the thing until sunday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by oneweb
    Whoever was lucky enough to get one - there's a firmware update here

OK so,
    komplett (click twice) have them for €210 plus del, (the Pioneer 106, no software mentioned tho(?))

itdirect have them for €251 (the Pioneer A06, no software mentioned tho(?))

Dont get so stuck on the A06. The NEC 1100 (DVD+R only) and 1300 (DVD+-R)
    are just as good if not better/faster at reading and much cheaper.
    Available here for 126 euros (+ about 10 for delivery)

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&sku=117959&p=&t=&l=&AvdID=1&CatID=&GrpID=&cks=SER

Iomega do a rebadged NEC1300 even cheaper. And this is the one Dell
    give with their PC's.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement