Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PRANKSTERS fool airport staff

• 04-01-2004 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

WHAT PRANKSTERS GOT AIRPORT STAFF TO ANNOUNCE ON TANNOY

PRACTICAL jokers have fooled airport staff into making rude public announcements... and left them with even redder faces by putting the results on the internet.

Staff at Heathrow Airport thought they were just providing a public service by directing recently-arrived "passengers" to waiting taxis.

But the strange foreign "names" they were asked to read out over the tannoy system included Arheddis Varkenjaab - which sounds like "I hate this f*****g job" - and Aywellbe Fayed - "I will be fired".

Others the jokers recorded included Arjevbin Fayed (I've just been fired) and Bybeiev Rhibodie (bye-bye everybody) in scenes similar to TV's The Simpsons where Bart gets bartender Moe to call for "customers" with rude names.

A male announcer was recorded asking for Aynayda Pizaqvick (I need a p**s quick) and Malexa Krost (my legs are crossed).

A woman announcer was tricked into saying: Nowaynayda Zheet (now I need a sh*t) and Makollig Jezvahted and Levdaroum DeBahzted (my colleague just farted and left the room, the bastard).

The jokers then moved on to Gatwick - and caught an unsuspecting announcer on tape calling out for "passengers" Steelaygot Maowenbach and Tuka Piziniztee (still, I got my own back and took a p**s in his tea).

The tricksters taunt the announcers by explaining on the internet how they pulled off the stunt. "We wore ID-style badges and carried mobiles so we looked like taxi drivers.

"We'd wait for a flight to arrive from somewhere you'd expect to have unpronounceable names.

"Then we'd pretend to be unable to pronounce the names and hand the staff a bit of paper with them on it. Long-winded, but well worth it!"

Last night a woman at the Information Help Desk at Heathrow's Terminal 3 said security staff were on the look out for the pranksters.

She added: "They are making a mockery of the voice of BAA airports. Some of us have cringed when we have heard colleagues reading out false names because we realised someone was playing a trick.

"But when someone presents a name in a foreign language pretty much anything could be possible."

A spokeswoman for BAA, which owns Heathrow and Gatwick, said the pranksters would be thrown out if they tried their tricks again.

She added: "It may seem amusing, but our information desk staff are incredibly busy helping genuine customers, not time wasters."

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Funnier with the actual sound samples - http://ourpointlesslives.com/announcements/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,163 ✭✭✭✭L1011

This ones ANCIENT - 1999 or earlier

I have the actual wav files of the announcements here, somewhere. It was London Electricity staff that did it.

If I can extract the files from the word document they're in i'll attach them. Or google for "Airport Gag" and you'll probably find it - thats the name I got about 50 of the mails under :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

this true? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,163 ✭✭✭✭L1011

ah, 1995 then.. sorry :-)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What's everyone doing up at this hour? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

wow,nine years old and it's still doing its round's

sound's like one of the worlds longest lasting gag

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭weemcd

GROAN:dunno: :dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111 OMG

sigh, look PLEASE DONT POST this ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

wow,nine years old and it's still doing its round's

internet immortality:)