Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backing up Downloaded Data

Options
  • 04-01-2004 3:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this has been asked before but I am a bit of a novice when it comes to the inner workings of my pc!

I want to make a backup disc of all the programs I have downloaded from the internet and do not have any discs for eg media players,spybot,adaware,du meter,etc etc

Also I want to backup the virus definitions in Norton as I had occassion to uninstall then reinstall Norton Intrernet Security lately and had to re-download all the definitions which took hours, also all the windows update patches etc need backing up.

Will XP files and settings transfer wizard create adequate backups to CD or do I copy Program Files onto cd?

I am running Windows Xp home (32?) if this helps. I have read the "backup" section in the sticky but find it all very confusing

I know system restore runs in the background but I would prefer to have something in my hand so to speak in case anything ever happens

Once again sorry if this has already been covered

Advertisement