Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would y'all like this ... ??

Options
  • 11-02-2000 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

http://q3clanarena.webjump.com

[This message has been edited by Slosh (edited 11-02-2000).]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I'd rather not see a CA mod on the servers for a long time yet.

Jimmy...

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Nicky

definetly not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Not really, if the resources are they're would be nicer to have another q3 server, to run duels, wars, ffa, whatever on (using vote to change type)
    Quozl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I agree keep it far away, since ca hit the qw servers...ppl have been playing less and less duels and wars to an extent that they no longer feature any more, and now no one plays qw any more..

www.csn.ul.ie/~osiris

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

A CTF server would be a lot better.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yes, I agree, dont let people play what their preference is, they MUST play what I want and even if that means not putting up a server...

Slosh, you put up what you want. I vote for that mod, maybe it will attract me back to quake 3

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Id love to play CA and so would newbies. Face it . Its easier and its more fun if ure crap. Like me. Muppets like moi (and we number greatly) would love a CA server slosh. T'would be GREATLY appreciated. Im too crap to enjoy war smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

nonononononononn
    as every good quake player knows ca doesnt improve your skills at all , just imagine q3 bfg lots of cells oh the humnaity , u wouldnt bother to aim, just point and click(i know this is the fun of bfg, but id say others would rather have there skillz improved)
    Its sloshs decision thou so i expect hell dpo what he wants , but why take off the ffa server or the war for a ca one?
    G

Daddy or Chips?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

So y not just ban the bfg? It'd be mad craic with a load of full ammo plasma gun wielders running araound sunglasses.gif

Hang on. Ca don't improve ure skills??? WTF?? If it wasn't for CA I'd still be the ****ty player I was 6 months ago. It brought the world of quake alive for me. I prefer DM now, but if it wasn't for CA a lot of the players out there would have given up in frustration because they kept losing to more experienced players. Believe me, u don't get better lying on the cold concrete floor. CA mde me the Sh*te player I am today. If it wasn't for the great equaliser that lets any idiot get a frag (ie. me smile.gif) I'd still be out there lying on that dm3 bridge, the site of my 1st on-line death. So nyaaaa sunglasses.gif

• Advertisement

Who said take off ffa?
    And there couldnt be a bfg innit.
    And so what if there is no skill.(different skill u mean. The good players still win).
    Its only for fun.A laff. Quake aint all blood and guts *training*.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

put 1 up if the resources are there, set it for no bfg (as its a silly gun) and no plasmagun (as having everyone with it would cause no end of lag). if poeple want to play on it all day, thats up to themselves.

if u want to keep it skillfull, set the ammo levels for RL & GL low, while the RG ammo high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

haha q3 CA haha RG haha haha oh dear.
    i can see that would be fun when it comes down to two ppl on the servers.
    nobody move from your camp spot or youll get railed.

I fail to understand why anyone would bother camping in ca anyway. Its only a *for a laff* game anyway. Why take it so seriously? And of course lag & rail gun means its ez enough to dodge with right movement (provided the guy aint pinging 10). As for low rl ammo?? all I can say is "?"???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭FurY

ahh now, lets not c a ca server. I mean, it is totally up to u, but by the looks of things, the majority of q3ers would rather c the server put to better use. A ctf server wood be truly class. By taking 1 look at how bw ctf servers r always packed, u will get an inclination of just how much it rulez.
    [ps]SéaN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Im not really in favour of a CA server but do we really need a ctf server either? Remember all you need to do to play ctf on existing servers is call a vote.

I'd love to see this happen a few times btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

Plus CTF will draw more ppl towards q3, just look at the other popular online games: UT, TFC, Tribes they all are baised on/around CTF.

Hmmmm. CTF eh? Im ez between CA and ctf. If there will be a new decent QW ca server that should do me tnx smile.gif Do what u want slosh. CA , CTF r both nice tho smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

ctf definitely, everyone loves it - it has the lighthearted fun of CA but its faster and actually requires that you apply your mind for more han 30 second bursts.

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I certainly wasn't that impressed with their web site so that put me off downloading it - I'd like to see the real Rocket Arena people doing a version TBH.

What about changing the FFA server to CTF some weekend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

CA is class ... and i could care less if it won't improve my "skillz".

JAK.

Just hope they do the CA mod well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

No way. Not a CA server. CA turned Irish quakers into muppets. It might be good for a laugh or for muppets to learn how to play or whatever, but it killed the clans here, nobody can disagree with that.
    The Q3 scene is just taking off, and there are already plenty of deadly players, don't fook it up by putting up a ca server. After a ton of hard work, we proved by winning the 4 nations that Ireland can be good. We want to do better in Q3, show them ****z how to play Quake. Keep the clan scene going while it's strong, dont ruin it already.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Um, we won the 4 nations ages after the CA server went up.

People stopped playing Clan wars for an entirely different reason imho. They just weren't that into clans and clan wars. Its not fun, its all serious and "we will 0wn j00" ****e. CA I dont have to wait 20 mins while all the fnck ups get their proxies running and then one of them disses and we have to wait on the server for him to reconnect and a muppet connects instead of him and wont leave etc.

You know, we should stop those HalfLife servers too, those players could be playing Quake 3 wars instead of wasting their time on HL. I mean ffs!!!

Put up the servers, let people take their choice. Thats my opinion.

Tom.

[This message has been edited by DeVore (edited 12-02-2000).]

And why are people so worried about irish players quake skills? Its up to to themselves what they want to do. Its like USA banning Thresh from playing Soltaire in case they look bad when he loses.

Stop worrying about irish being muppets. If I want to be a goddamn muppet i will. Dont tell me I cant cause the Irish community will suffer. Thats a crap claim.In fairness like. People can be as good or as bad as they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

aahh, so we connect to the server computer through telephone lines from our computer...I am slowly beginning to understand all this..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭FurY

"Put up the servers, let people take their choice."
    From this thread, i'd think its quite obvious what ppl want, another form of DM/CTF server. Only ppl tryin to get a ca server is urself, paladin and a few others. Now how bout a dedicated CTF/Dool server. Or how bout 2 war servers, of which, 1 will be listed on the master server. Ok, its not the greatest of ideas, but anything is better than a CA server.
    [ps] SéaN.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

CAN WE GET DM3 PORTED TO Q3 AND PUT ON THE Q3 CA SERVER AND HAVE IT THE ONLY MAP AS IT'D BE JUST KEWL?

Yes Fury, thats why the CA server is the only consistently busy server. Perhaps its because the people who play CA, actually PLAY the game rather then post politics here (yes I realise I'm the exception smile.gif )

I do take the point about CTF and it IS the granddaddie of all quake.

I say put up a CTF and CA server and take down the DM one... :p

DeV.

I put in MORE ON-LINE HOURS playing quake and posting on the boards than ANYONE else because I have no life, MUUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No, wait... redface.gif
    sunglasses.gif

[This message has been edited by Steven (edited 13-02-2000).]

• Advertisement

In view of the last post, I would like to issue a public apology for excessive use of capitals in order to stress important points (well, they were important to me smile.gif) and plead with the board moderators to spare me from a burning at the stake. Thank you.

Yours whateverly,
    Dr.Steven Spammer,
    Professor of Spammology,
    S.I.C. (Spamming Institute of Cork)
    sunglasses.gif

Advertisement