Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would y'all like this ... ??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭H_K

i see all the pro-CA arguments, but in the end, i think Zero's arguement sums it all up like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

What, that CA turns irish quakers into muppets?
    Well kiss my muppet ass!! CA server IS always popular. Who gives a <rap that most of the players on it dont post? Well you lot obviously. But stop being so arrogant. I love CA. Its more fun for me. And a lot of ppl feel that way. So they dont all post. Big deal. Stop saying they shouldnt have a place to play cause U dont want it. If slosh is good enough to put one up, and after a month or two its a total flop then try CTF maybe? See which is more popular. I personally like both but Im not gonna say give me a CA and FU<K the CTF'ers or DM'ers. Think about it and be fair lads. If you want a particular server then nobody minds you voicing ure opinion. But dont shove it down our throats as tho it were law!

Here here Dev btw. CTF and a CA server and take down DM? Hooooooooo YEAH! While Im dreaming tho Id like a jaguer. With a Liz hurley look alike. smile.gif

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Grand so, I'll take the one with Liz Hurley in it...

DeV.

Damaged goods I say smile.gif
    *snigger*
    I mean like Hugh Grant?. HA!
    Where as the jaguar is just *Divine* heh smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

On the other hand, she is rich, isn't she sunglasses.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

I'd poke her, uh, I mean, MORE Q3 SERVERS!!! CTF! PLEASE! CHEERS!

[This message has been edited by God Himself and the number 6 and 9]

Play GLminesweeper! Lunacy Abounds!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

god, its just like ol times in here, isnt it
    qw muppetry = q3a muppetry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Hate to agree with you Eamo, but I do. You get about 3 posts into a discussion before the onslaught of úbernerds flood without about 20 posts.

Dev, didn't think I'd need to point out to you how the whole Irish team, with the exception of Bunny, barely played CA if ever played it at all. It's all the one, put up one if ye like, but its a muppet game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I think that if a CA server was put up it would suck people away from the FFA server which would be a real shame as I consider FFA a hell of a lot more fun then CA ever was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

I totally agree Pres. If there are new resources, then i reckon another war or duel server. Even CTF would be sooooo much better than a CA one.
    In terms of developing the Irish quake scene...or any scene...you want games with some thought.

No offence to the CA guys, but i dont rate it as a mod where there is any thought, you dont have to earn weapons, or items....hence there is nothing to control. Might be good for a 10 min warmup before you play wars or duels...but that hardly qualifies it?!?!?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

ahh but its fun like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

wha?....you want to have fun? tut tut tut!!

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

but aren't the servers laggy enough without an extra ca one. Your not taking away my beloved ffa server are you!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Creative (not specifically aimed at you but..)

You dont hear the CA lads saying
    "I dont rate wars, all that happens is 2-3 mins of scrambling about and then one team gets a lock down and you might as well get your coat."

You also dont see the CA lads saying
    "I think Wars are damaging our CA players, I think we should shut down the War server."

How ridiculous does that sound? But its exactly what you and the other war-only players are saying.

So how about we turn the tables, what if I decided to take a CA team abroad and get them to play Nethouse teams in the UK (as could happen if I wasnt up to my tonsils).

Would I then be justified in asking for the
    war servers to be taken down?

What about the HL servers, they are stealing our war players too, ruining their TP. Shut them down.

And the UT ones, think about how many Q3A players we've lost to that alone! Shut all UT servers down!

Just sit back and listen to yerselves lads, talk about arrogance.

The only reason to take down or not put up a server is because its last on the list when the list is ordered by popularity. For you to come along and say "I dont care if its popular, its detracting from MY preferred style of play" is arrogance beyond anything Chrome has ever accused me of smile.gif

Tom.

"There are more things in heaven and earth then are dreamt of in your philosophies."

[This message has been edited by DeVore (edited 15-02-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

dev ure first point :
    if u had any skills ( ie not ca muppetry rljump cfgs etc) u can unlock a lev

wars dont damage yer ca players cos 90% have never bothered to play a war(regular caers ) bar yerself and a few others

if u want u could get a ca team going no one would be bothered cos half of them ca players ud take are war players neway or on team.ie

<Would I then be justified in asking for the
    war servers to be taken down?>

no u wouldnt be justified ud be just some knob
    were not demanding a ca server to be taken down were askin for one not to be put up straight away

theres nothing wrong wiuth a ca server if it attracts new players but do we have the rsources ? an ffa and a war are what ppl need
    ca isnt a must have. maybe we should take down some other servers which are never used and put up more q3 ones but not change the existing ones so soon
    ctf ffa dool and war can all be played on our two servers
    maybe a dedicated dool/ctf is needed. maybe even a ca one , but as ne one will tell u not right now.

last point dev
    ca isnt popular
    its just u and a few qworlders
    majority of posts have been against it.
    As for the other servers like tribes and hl and qw
    is there enough players playin on them for there to be a demand for them to stay up
    i think the ppl behind ign should look into this.
    G
    and lastly this my post will amke no difference whatsoever cos slosh has last say.
    and i reckon he should look at the whole arguement and not just the ppl who are high up in the community ladder givin him a sharp push.
    Influential ppl is what i mean

Daddy or Chips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

also maybe only the ppl who r actually playin q3 should bother arguin
    but as it turns out slosh is buyin his own server
    i think most pl were goin against the fact of taking an existing one down
    looks like we do have the resources r somewhat
    G

Daddy or Chips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

well im for a ca server as the times i get free enough to play are so irregular that i cant be in a clan/practice/be there for wars etc.... I juat wanna quick blast without any hassle but then Im one of the minority in this. I dunno if i'd even like ca in q3a tbh...never played it like but sure i'll give it a go.

Predator, when you can form a coherent argument like an adult I'll debate. As far as I am concerned, any one can see the falsehood of what you are saying.

DeV.

Quote: "I think that if a CA server was put up it would suck people away from the FFA server which would be a real shame as I consider FFA a hell of a lot more fun then CA ever was."

Like duuuuuuuuuh.
    Obviously if they are being sucked away they find it more fun.

And I dont think DeV was being literal with his lock down on levels quote Pred, It was just an example.

Good point FreakBro. Exactly what I wanted to say. CA is just a bit of fun. No need to break your ass perfecting skillz. Its only for fun. As is war if any of you really admit it. But noooooo. "CA degrades war skill." Well *rasp* tongue.gif to that. Do ye not realise that lots of people dont care?
    At least Pred went to the trouble of making an argument instead of most of the arrogent statements why CA is bad for DM skill. Skill isnt the issue here. Fun is.

"hell hath no fury like a DM'ers scorn"-paraphrased smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Can I have more fun please..

A Q3 CA server would be much appreciated

G.

• Advertisement

Time and again here war players have said "its clear the majority here dont want it".

Well I did a little tot there and its 9-8 in favour of the server (not counting repeat posts)

Seems war players have big mouths and small brains :p

DeVore.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Chief

GIVE ME A Q3 CA SERVER NOW!

DO I WANT IT?!?!?
    Yessssssssssssss....
    i damn well do..!!!!!

Q3 CA....

ROC..ROC...ROC!!!

I want it now!

gud las..

|Chief|....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭DEATH

whats all this bull**** about ca dragging people away from ffa or wars? does the ca playing public force others to join and dare say it have some fun on the ca server rather than going to a war server having people tell you that your too ****e, wait for some muppet to proxy up, and then spend the rest of the time moaning about teams,lag,being a faeg. ca is popular because its easy to get into, easy to get a game and its not all this serious bull**** thats involved in wars. and whats this about no skills in ca? teaching people how to rj ? teaching people aim and dont say its all spam, thats bull**** only muppets running around spamming and those are few and far between, even down to teaching people how to strafe jump the bit at mound. How many people learned how to do that in ca server? i know i did. put up the ca server and if its not popular sure take it down, but if it is and does get more q3 players whats wrong with that?

and btw zero ur a faeg
    insert token nerd smiley face to please zero :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Right on Death! sunglasses.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

I just wonder are you adding up your own posts in that poll DeV. I'm not here trying to make friends or enemies but I personally think that Q3 at the moment doesn't need a CA server. Quake/QW was going along fine in the days of DM 1on1's and CTF and then after 2.5 years it needed a little lift and someone thought up Clan Arena and brought some life back into the Quake scene but that lift isn’t needed at present in the Quake3 scene or at least I don't think its needed(correct me if I'm wrong please) In the end its down to the ppl who control the servers.
    Oh and by the way, the way I looked at Slosh's original post was "What do ye think of this idea...." and I think he was looking for feedback, both positive and negative so ppl were entitled to give there views and not hold back.

Jimmy...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

if we've the resources, why not CA/CTF week about? dunno what the big fuss is about, if u want to play CA, let them, if they want to play wars, let them, jeeeez

A voice of sanity, thanks Nog.
    Sickboy, I aint gonna lose friends over a debate smile.gif
    To answer your question I counted each person uniquely only once. So I count as one vote regardless how many times I post.
    Its 12-8 now lads smile.gif

Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭davoc

13-8 smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Guinnessman

ye that would be fair tho UT ctf rocks it'd be hard for q3 to beat it plus no translocator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Okay, stepping into the line of fire....

First off -I don't play Quake3 online, this alone will probably lead to a few flames from you dedicated folks that seem so scared of people leaving for a dif. game type. I'm obviously a mutant... wink.gif
    Oh yeah, my point, one of the turn offs for me getting into Quake3 is that there is already an extablished heirarchy of folks who know their levels/respawn times inside out. Don't get me wrong, I know this is part of the game, and respect for putting in the time to learn it all. But it will put off new players to constantly face 150 armour + quad toting folks who may or may not have as much natural skill and reflexes. It becomes as much a matter of what you know about the levels resources as how you can actually fight.
    Clan Arena negates that factor. It's easy to get into and get used to the game physics without being toasted 100% of the time by more level-experienced players.

So, all of that is just meant to say that for myself anyway, if a Q3a CA server goes up I might just be lured away from TFC. Think, how many others might do the same?

Now, the TFC Q3A mod, that looks sweet.....

Advertisement