Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help Choosing Phone???

Options
  • 04-01-2004 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

I have an N-Gage and I now want a new phone as I am getting too much stick about its size. I would probably get about €250 for the phone and 3 games in Buy and Sell so I want a phone for around €400 that has to have a camera and can connect to PC.

The three phones that I am interested in are the 6600, The Siemens SX1 (prefered choice) and the new Samsung which I saw on an ad which the camera is on top and it can be rotated.

I am definitely not buying the phone in Ireland so the internet is my only option because of price. I know the phones I want are well over €400 but is their any site I would get the Siemens for €400-450 or Even trade in my N-Gage and get it for around €150?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭diarmy

Apart from www.expansys.ie there are virtually no phone sites for ireland whereby you can purchase directly.

www.BuyAndSell.ie is usually a good bet if you put in a decent "Wanted" ad or just browsing.

Other than that you're buggered because Ireland it seems is always neglected for technology (despite the government propoganda about "Technological Centre of Europe")

By the way, the Carphone Warehouse has a great website (www.cwp.co.uk) but they don't deliver to this flippin island.

Hope this is a help

Take it easy

d

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭diarmy

sorry, carphone warehouse address is www.cpw.co.uk

sorry

d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Get the Sony Ericsson T610. Got it recently. And has camera and can connect to computer.

You can but it from amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

erm... amazon.com currently sell phones tied to a US operators (locked and requiring a contract)... and then only within the US?

been trying to ask Amazon.co.uk to offer their SIM Free Mobiles to Ireland, currently they are delivery UK only, but just getting the usual 'cut and paste' replies so far...

exapnsys.ie is currenlty more expensive to use than ordering from expansys.com (UK) :rolleyes: - mobilefun.co.uk and mphone.co.uk are two other online retailers people have mentioned using previously

BrianG

Ok so dont get it from Amazon.

Whatever, just get a Sony Ericsson T610. Bloody amazing! Sexy, stylish and has one of the best cameras i've seen for a camera phone.

• Advertisement

Just one prob i have with the Ericsson T610. Is there any way you can check the battery life in figures other than by the length of the bar? Just wondering coz u can in the T60i, but not in the T610. Kinda strange.

Advertisement