Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

arsenal v leeds (attention, live comment)

• 04-01-2004 5:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

i was in a bad mood few minutes earlier!
    what's this clown in the arsenal net?!
    fortunately henry just scored with a good center from lyundberg.
    i'm a little worry for arsenal, the leeds pressure is quite hard.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

cool!
    edu just scored, good decisive pass from henry.

2.1 for arsenal:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

2 good goals for the gunners Henrys was sheer skill. 2-1 at half time still all to play for.

i would like say the same about the goalie, i don't like him, does he have the entier confidence from wenger?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Good game so far good goals

Mods put scores in cluded in thread title,I couldnt care but it could feck up people's days

Originally posted by kmart6
    Good game so far good goals

Mods put scores in cluded in thread title,I couldnt care but it could feck up people's days

why? don't you have the use to comment matches in live here?:confused:

• Advertisement

well, i made the correction:)

Thought the rule was no score in thread titles. Dont know about anyone else but if I didn't want to know the score of a match i wouldn,t go anywhere near this site and I certainly wouldn,t read threads on the match after it started. Common sense really.

vieira seems in a good shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by The Muppet
    Thought the rule was no score in thread titles. Dont know about anyone else but if I didn't want to know the score of a match i wouldn,t go anywhere near this site and I certainly wouldn,t read threads on the match after it started. Common sense really.
    Exactly.

whoooooo pires!!!!
    decisive pass from henry.
    i don't know why i was so worry:)

• Advertisement

colo touré!!!
    what a magnificent move attack!

well, 4.1 for arsenal.

see you the next match:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

arsenal look bloody unbeatable at present. they are just scary. I hope we don't get em next round *fingers crossed*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

probably telford at home up next for arsenal.

leeds played with heart but just were outclassed, one or two passes pinged about and bang, 1-1, then 1-2. couldnt see leeds coming back fron that.

i'd say a liverpool (away) or man utd &chelsea (home or away) draw for arsenal will be the only way they'd have a chance of losing. they just dont lose to smaller sides.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

leeds played very well but the arsenal were just too good for them and will be too good for most teams
    3 fa cups in a row?!?

how bad but would prefer the league though

good subs by wenger the midfield seemed to be getting tired threw in pires, parlour and kolo toure

2 of them scored and pires got one of the assists plus toure was playing on the LEFT wing i think

what a player the most definatley best newcomer to english football this year he never puts a foot wrong and a snib at 250,000.
    how many drugged up rio's can that buy you?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I thought Viera was quite poor, to be honest. Martin Keown gave out sh*t to him when he produced a less-than-comitted tackle in his own penalty area. Having said that, he was still good enough to control midfield, but well below par from his own high standards.

Henry was excellent, as usual. His first-half chase back to reclaim the ball after he'd lost it typified his performance. Ljungberg and Kanu were average.

Lauren looked confortable at right back after a while out through injury/suspension. Kolo Toure would probably get my vote for Player of the Season at the moment (don't worry, I'm not expecting anyone else to agree) - the guy has been tremendous all season, and plays with his heart on his sleeve.

Leeds were far more impressive than last time we met, although the scoreline ended up the same. I think they can take a lot of heart from the game.

I'm looking forward to the draw for the next round now. And for those of you who think we only do well against the smaller teams, you should remember that we beat both Man Utd and Chelsea away from home on the way to the final last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

If Kolo Toure keeps up his standard from the first half of the season, he would get my vote for player of the season. Not just Arsenals but overall - the guys just been phenomenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Arsenal deserved the win, no question.
    Leeds put a lot into the match but never looked as good as Arsenal.

Only thing i was disappointed at was Laurens theatrical jump to the ground clucthing his foot after the Leeds player had his foot raised but didnt touch him.
    Glad the ref just gave the player a warnin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by elbow316
    If Kolo Toure keeps up his standard from the first half of the season, he would get my vote for player of the season. Not just Arsenals but overall - the guys just been phenomenal.

he has been amazing. I'm so delighted he scored

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

good result but not as convincing as the score would suggest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Kolo Toure has been absolutely excellent this season, I thought he was gona be crap as centre-half but has played really well and considering he had a poor season last year. He also scored a fantastic goal, great cross from Pires and good finish by Toure. If he keeps going on like this he gets my vote for player of the sesason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Ok I know i might have picked the wrong day to say this considering the mistake he made but does anyone else think Jens Lehmann sux?

Hes not good at catching, he doesn't command his area very well and he whinges. Plus hes a thick little bugger.

I know his record is very good but lets face it I could probably have a good record behind that defence.

Talk in the media at the min is that Wenger is having a look at Sebastian Frey who is a fantastic keeper imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Lehmann is a hot head aswell, gets wound up very quickly and is not as bad but kind of reminds me of David James back in the liverpool games for corners

well seeing that arsenal have the best defensive record so far this season would that mean he is better than howard??(most utd fans would look at it only this way)

he's not that bad, he commands his area better than seaman did which imo is why the defense is so good at the mo along of course with king kolo!:D
    he is also a very good shot stopper!

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

well seeing that arsenal have the best defensive record so far this season would that mean he is better than howard??(most utd fans would look at it only this way)

would that mean arsenal have a better goalkeeper or defence

and by the way they have one less goal conceded than united
    does that show they have a better goalkeeper
    if it does show me how

Originally posted by phenom

not so long ago on boards there was a poll on who the best goalkepper was in the premiership
    howard got most of the votes if i remember correctly because then utd had the better defensive record even though howard was only playing top level football for only a few months!?!
    go figure

so why not use the same argument here? oh sorry thats right lehman is **** even though they have conceded the least amount of goals (even though he was not included in the poll)
    and remember cole, lauren, campbell were all suspended for a time too so it must say something in the strength and depth of arsenal does it not!!??

still less though:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

united have scored 3 more goals than arsenal so if 1 goal counts 3 goals must
    does that mean united have better strikers than arsenal
    if what your saying is true what im saying is also true:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

does that show they have a better goalkeeper
    if it does show me how

Read back over the Muppets posts, or just ask him what he was posting, this is a reference to something that was said by him. He may be able to clarify it for you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

how many drugged up rio's can that buy you?

Leave to you to bring a united reference into a thread where the was none . .. idiot !

Tinky

Originally posted by tinky
    Leave to you to bring a united reference into a thread where the was none . .. idiot !

Tinky

leave it to you to spot it and ONLY comment on it minky;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Tray

Originally posted by tinky

Tinky

Ban, ban, ban hehe:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Grimlock

united have scored 3 more goals than arsenal so if 1 goal counts 3 goals must
    does that mean united have better strikers than arsenal
    if what your saying is true what im saying is also true:D

How childish are you?
    We must be 3 times better up front nah nah nah nah :p
    Seriously as an Arsenal fan I like Lehmann but i'd have to say Howards is
    the better goalie.
    As for who has the better defense, Arsenal at the mo;
    we'll have to wait 'til the end of the season to know for sure!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

The problem for Lehmann is that its always easier to quantify a keeper by the number of goals he lets in than the number he prevents. Personally, i agree with jank :dunno:, he's a good shot stopper and has a good command of the area. Unfortunately he is prone to errors every now and then, but on the whole i think he does a good job.

Mental note to self - it takes 3 mins to log out and back in as someone else !!!

Thanks TRANK !

Tinky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Lehmann played in the premiership for 3mths so it isnt fair to judge him yet. Wat da folks on Sky Sports were sayin bout gettin pushed when going to collect the balll in Germany is true, the ref gives the goalie a free and hes gona have to get used to it. He has a temper, 3times gettin sent of is pretty bad for a goalie so hes gona have to calm down. Good command of the box, shot stopper so overall hes done very well, he'll get used to collecting crosses. As an Arsenal fan i'd like him to have done better than Howard but Howards been better so far :( He looks like an excellent 'keeper but only time will tell.

Personally I don't rate him. He drops a bit too much imo. I've seen him play in Germany and didn't like him then either. He doesn't command his area the way Howard does for example and those arguing he has conceded less must take into account who has had the more saves to make? I have no official figures but I'm guessing Howard as Utd's defence always tend to slip up at least once in the easiest of games, allowing other teams in.

Howard has won utd a couple of games this season with fine saves, can the same be said of Lehmann?

• Advertisement

While I could not in any way be described as an Arsenal fan I have to say that the goalie fu**ed up once and let in one goal in a 4-1 win ! What about the saves and command he had after that ?

He made a mistake - surely we are all entitled to that ! - We are all our worst critics as they say !:rolleyes:

Tinky

Well I wasn't just basing my opinion of him on one game its something I've felt for a while but perhaps it came out at a bad time considering what he did v Leeds. But as for the game, apart from the mistake I didn't think he was that convincing. Dropped or messed up a fair few crosses imo

IMO lehman is a good keeper playing behind an excellent defensive unit. He made a mistake on Sunday, what keeper hasn,t ? As goalkeeping is mostly about confidence how he reacts in the next few games will be interesting. Personally I think he was an excellent buy for the Gunners.

Advertisement