Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good coverage of BB issues in the SBPost

Options
  • 04-01-2004 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

There are a number of good articles in the Business Post to-day which either directly or indirectly address the issue of BB provision in Ireland. One of the biggest is the following
    Kathleen Barrington's article

There are also a couple in the IT Magazine with Adrian having a dig at both the telcos and some of the people who had a dig at him earlier in the year on his coverage of Eircom.
    Ireland will fall even further down the international tables in respect of broadband availability. It will also become the worst country in the EU in taking to the emerging wi-fi

Adrian also has a go at the big hotels in Dublin for their lack of facilities especially given that we are expecting so many Sir Humphreys here over the next six months.

Well worth a look and a good way to keep pressure up on the Gubmt and Teleco's

M.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Ahern has promised to introduce legislation this year which will allow ComReg to impose fines of 10 per cent of revenue or up to €3 million.

Interesting. How likely is this to happen and what affect will it have? Will comreg actually use such a power if they were to get it?

Time will tell I suppose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Isn't that pretty close to the fines that were in the original Communications Bill and ripped out by Dermot Ahern's predecessors at the last minute?

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Think so, adam.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ahern has promised to introduce legislation this year which will allow ComReg to impose fines of 10 per cent of revenue or up to €3 million.

I'll believe it when I see it, never going to happen in my lifetime

Advertisement