Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

7650 phonebook question

• 04-01-2004 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Ive been using the 7650 for the past 3 or 4 months and find it an excellent phone, but due to the feckin size of the thing, im getting rid of it.
    I may get a 6600 or a 7210, but either way, I need to transfer my phone book (which is 114kb large and contains 251 entries) from this phone to the new phone.
    Since its way too big to fit on a standard sim card, does anyone know any way it could be done??
    None of the entries are stored on the sim and I cant seem to find any way to copy the contacts from the phone memory to the sim.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi - the software support details on the Nokia site list handset compatibility with the various PC suites, would you have an Infrared connection to use on the PC (or Bluetooh if going for the 6600)?

PC Suite used with the 6600 will support the transfer of contacts from the 7650

The 7210's PC Suite doesn't list compatibility with the 7650 though... and the 7650's PC suite only says it will import contacts from a 7210 to the 7650

to be honest if you like the 7650, a move to the 7210 will be a big change due to the differnet system software in use, the 6600 might be a better option as it uses a similar Symbian based environment

also, the 6600 isn't that much smaller than a 7650 - it's still a chunky enough (width wise) - you might also want to check out the likes of the Siemens SX1 and Sendo X - both using a similar environment to the 7650 and 6600 (based on the Nokia Series 60 system) - but with alternative specs...

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

I dont have any bluetooth, wifi or infrared access availiable to me unfortunatly.
    I know the 7210 is totally different, but with the stupid prices currently being asked for, for a 6600, I think I'll wait 3 months or so before I'll invest in one.

I know theres an option on the 7650 to select all contacts, then send this by email, but when i tried it, my email server didnt like the file at all.
    Could have been a problem at their end tho, think ill try a different email account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

I think you can transfer your phonebook in Carphone Warehouse for free, if you trust them with all your contacts <spooky music>.

Deadly, ill look into that, nice one..

Also, dubwireless : is the sendo x out yet or what???
    Id love one of those, but I cant find em anywhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by AB03
    Also, dubwireless : is the sendo x out yet or what???
    Id love one of those, but I cant find em anywhere

not yet - it's been announced but hasn't been released yet.

BrianG

Advertisement