Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prince of Persia, on PC and Xbox

Options
  • 04-01-2004 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

considering buying this game but not sure on what format.
    Just wondering who has this game and which format is more enjoyable on it ?

Is their much of a difference between the Pc version and the Xbox one?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

definitely the xbox version. theres something about platform games and joypads... plus, its a social game even though its only one player game.

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I have it on the gamecube and its perfect..... its definitely more of a console game than a PC game.

- Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Played it on the PS2 and enjoyed it immensely. Dunno what it's like on the PC but I imagine it'd be a lot more playable with a gamepad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

havent played it on a console but didnt have any problems with the controls on the PC. Guess its whatever u prefer usually i guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Completed this game on the PC last night (finally..) and wow! :)

as for the controls, after going through the whole game using keyboard+mouse i dunno how i could go to using a joypad with it, i had the option of using my ps2 controller but opted for the keys+mouse as i thought it was more appropriate..

fantastic game, thought the ending was pretty nifty too

pc usually has better graphics wise aswell ive noticed with higher res etc... aslong as you have the comp to run it. Managed to run it at 1024x768 with max everything and ran like a dream.

but i suppose whatever controller your used to really, just thought i would add that playing with keys+mouse is just as enjoyable and not any more harder in the slightest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I played it on the PS2, and I would recommend it highly..
    Found it quite short, and relatively straightforward - but i think this just added to the whole experience.. It was nice to play a game where you don't end up trying the same section again, and again, and again... All of the puzzles were easy enough..

Overall, a great 8 or 10 hours of play...

It was nice to play a game where you don't end up trying the same section again, and again, and again... All of the puzzles were easy enough..

speak for yourself :(

it wasnt "omg im never gonna pass this" was more just trying to find out where and how to go that was a pain in the àss and got me stuck on a good few occasions

the bit with the sheets over the doors near the end really annoyed the hell out of me aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

The Xbox version contains Prince of Persia 2, LIVE content and, along with the Gamecube version, a making-of featurette over the Playstation 2 version. With the usual sharper graphics and sound, the Xbox version is the best of the bunch (on consoles at least) and it finally gets released at the end of the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DrummerBoy

Originally posted by TmB
    I have it on the gamecube and its perfect..... its definitely more of a console game than a PC game.

- Dave.

Dave where did you pick up a copy of POP on gamecube?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

the cube and xbox versions were released at the same time as the ps2 version in america.
    sony had an exclusivity deal with ubisoft for the pal release.
    i'd imagine he has an american copy.

• Advertisement

Yep, I was in Canada at the start of December. Brought POP and Sphinx back with me.... best xmas of gaming I've had in a long time - 2 brilliant games.

- Dave.

whats sphinx about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Wilbert

Am at that point in Prince Of Persia where I have just lowered a large bridge (about 40% of the way into the game). I am trying to cross it but can't defeat all the soldiers blocking the way. Any tips? Or do I just have to get better at fighting?

Originally posted by Wilbert
    Am at that point in Prince Of Persia where I have just lowered a large bridge (about 40% of the way into the game). I am trying to cross it but can't defeat all the soldiers blocking the way. Any tips? Or do I just have to get better at fighting?

get better at fighting :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

Yep, you need to improve your fighting skills....

Best way is to keep using the 'wall-launch' attack ;
    run towards a wall, press 'x' then 'square' immediately
    afterwards (on PS2 at least), this should result in you
    pushing off from the wall, sword extended and this will
    sort out any big nasties. Keep moving!

Pretty cool game BTW.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

another good tip when fighting is to remember to use block(R1 on ps2)

also there's the only annoying bit in the game. to get past
    follow the water

Advertisement