Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a DVD Writer.

• 04-01-2004 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭

Right ho i am looking into buying a dvd writer and a can see a number of options that are open to me.

1. Wait til thedual layer burners come out and become resaonal;ble in price and get one of them
    2. buy one from aldi / komplett for €130 / 140 now.
    3. Dont buy one for ages because atm they are **** and slow (are they? well i think so anyways ;) )

any advice or recommendations ladies and gentlemen?

Also does dvd shrink leave the dvd in good nick quality wise?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Go for the Aldi one when it is available .... the blue laser yolks wont be cheap for a couple of years, and anyway there is a standards battle going on there ... most DVD burners are quite fast, but your usually writing A LOT more data so it can take a good long while to burn one on an older computer

Some DVD's dont need to be shrunk at all, just delete all the extras will bring you down enough to fit ... some, like LOTR etc, will need shrinking ... I think the quality is dependent on the software used to do the shrinking...

That nice-tits.org link got me going there for a sec ..... heh they even prefixed the pictures with xxx :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

aye thats what i was thinkin of doin, then i can flog my dvd drive and cd drive w00t!

Can you just walk into aldi and buy it like? or does it have to be ordered.\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

The number of threads on this already would suggest that this will be a hot item so i think you will have to be there just before opening:)
    or if that doenst work for ya, just order one up from komplett...

Advertisement