Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for the name of a song

Options
  • 04-01-2004 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭

An ickle while ago I attempted to download a copy of the LostProphets single "Burn Burn" on mp3 (naughty, I know...). Anyway, what I got was a different song, but it turned out to be really good (and far better than "Burn Burn", I might add). The repetitive parts of the song seem to go as follows:

(early on)

"This pain is endless
    So listen to me now...
    I wasted my lasty wish on you
    Tonight"

"Why
    Did you
    See dead burning flowers"

(middle)
    "Burn all your wishes"

(end)
    "This pain is endless
    So listen to me now
    And I'm wasting my last wish..."

The song is a kind of emo-metal style, not dis-similar from the LostProphets themselves, or Funeral For A Friend. I'd recommend it, whatever it is, but I'm really just looking for the artist name and track name.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Caffine

try pasteing the lyrics into google might find something

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Lostprophets - last train home !
    WTF is that ? i mean WHAT THE **** ? even more worse than Burn Burn.
    I hope you`ve heard 'thefakesoundofprogress' .

Same thing happened to be, b4 Linkin Parks 'some where i belond' was released, i downloaded an mp3, turned out something else and much better .
    song name is called fallacy of picture frames i think, dont know the artist as of yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭xx

Lostprophets aren't that bad, dude. Shinobivsdragonninja and fiveisafourletterword from their first album are great tracks. Dunno what their new album is like though. Although, I did see them play at punchestown at the 2002 Ozzfest and they sort of sucked balls live.

i love lostprophets, i loved fakesoundofprogress, bought it asap it came out(the re-release that is), it is a brilliant album, didnt get bored of it for ages.
    i never said they are bad, i have the old album, i seen them live here in ambassador and ive met them, cool guys BUT what i did say is that the 2 new songs suck, album(start something) hasnt been released yet.

Oh and they also have their own car(+song) in the Need for Speed:Underground, i bet they are so happy since they are into games and ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by Placebo
    Lostprophets - last train home !
    WTF is that ? i mean WHAT THE **** ? even more worse than Burn Burn.
    I hope you`ve heard 'thefakesoundofprogress' .

Same thing happened to be, b4 Linkin Parks 'some where i belond' was released, i downloaded an mp3, turned out something else and much better .
    song name is called fallacy of picture frames i think, dont know the artist as of yet.

I meant it was a damn sight better than Burn Burn (which is an average track). Thanks for the info anyway!

I like the LostProphets anyway, but I don't own thefakesoundofprogress (the album). I love the song of the same name though.

• Advertisement

get that album
    and get the used album aswell .

I tried looking for the song you have, cant find it.

I've been Googling these lyrics for days now - no joy yet. Does Media Player 9 have a function that can find proper tags without any existing info?

try using winamp CDDB.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

It's from Burn Your Wishes/The Awards Split cd...
    Burn Your Wishes/The Awards Split cd. I'll be honest with you, I only bought this for Burn your wishes, but I'll give the awards a fair shot. Thier half of the cd sounds pretty different than what I was expecting, a lot of pop punk, but if anything it sounded ver refreshing and new rock, not so much pop punk at all. Burn your Wishes, which the cd labeled sweet indie rock, consists of Ken from Massechusetts metal masters Unearth, Adam from Mass's Killswitch Engage and 2 other people on bass and drums. Sounds like an indie rock band to me! In truth the band really sounds like deftones and smashing pumpkins more mellow side. The heavier songs, "Burn your wishes" and "Fall away" are def my reason for buying the cd, although I was a little confused by Ken's first naturally sung lyrics "this pain is endless", endless and no chuga chuga chuga chuga? But seriously this isn't really exploring metal at all, but is really melodic(not death metal melodic...) and sweet. This is a really good side project, and I was very suprised to hear this side of Ken from Unearth. I'm gonna give this one a 4. and it can be obtained at Milk and cookies records website which is in Canada.

There are some mp3s from the CD on that site.

I think that's it anyway.
    Dregin

P.S. put phrases in quotation marks in google to search for the phrase as a whole.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

the song is "burn your wishes" by the band, Burn your wishes. the mp3 on that site is that song.

• Advertisement

Thanks.
    i got it, nothing special, fair, 4ish out of 10. More impressed by the mixing done in the song then the riff and vocals.

Cheers guys.

/me re-tags song.

That makes me feel better...:D

Advertisement