Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 4 of CYE

• 04-01-2004 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

Begins tonight in The States and will arrive to the Emerald Isle in April. Has got good reviews Jer makes a guest appearance in the last ep of the season.

He gets in a shouting match with Ben Stiller.
    telling a blind man whom he is guiding not to be so homosexually suggestive in his holding on to Larry. "Just grab my arm, we're not homosexuals!"

The theme of the season revolves around Larry being asked to produce a broadway show called The Producers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

I also read Season 4 does start off slowly but gets better and better the link for this doesn't bloody work though.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I'll be out later and Mightnt see it tonight :(
    ...but HBO repeat CYE all the time though :)

I'd heard Jer was going to be in it alright. There was a big article in the NY Times about HBO's new series and Sex and the city last fri. Maybe check their site too.

Hey Hey, Official site is updated for ep31...
    http://www.hbo.com/larrydavid/

"Mel's Offer"

Directed by: Larry Charles
    First aired: January 4, 2004

Synopsis: With their tenth wedding anniversary approaching, Larry reminds Cheryl of a "present" she promised him back when they got engaged. Later that night, a karaoke performance ends up landing Larry an unlikely plum role.

Discuss this episode

Guest Starring:
    Mel Brooks (Himself)
    Ben Stiller (Himself)
    Paul Mazursky (Himself)
    Philip Baker Hall (Dr. Marson)

.....And theres now official CYE merchandise in the HBO store,
    http://store.hbo.com/hbo_curb/b.CURBYOUR/s.ksTUOk92

Sun's ep sounded good. Jeff dreaming of Cheryl in "my name is Jeannie costume" and Larry dremaing of Susie: would have liked to have seen that:)

saw the clip of jerry on E! news.

they were talking about CYE s4, and believe me blink (twice maybe :p) and he's gone !!

• Advertisement

I must correct myself its "I Dream of Jeannie". :)

lol, I had thought that :)

The Weatherman

Larry inadvertently traumatizes the Greenes' daughter at their dinner party. Later, Larry accuses a local weatherman of misrepresenting the forecast for personal gain.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭seveb

found episodes 1 thru 4 of the new curb season 4 available to download.
    i'm not going to bother as the 300mb an episode is too much work. it would be another story if i had broadband.

Lads, I have Season 4, eps 1-5 downloaded. Although if I made some time I could watch them on HBO, I will only wacth them late at night so I decided to d/l them instead.

I've watched the 1st 2 eps.

Do you want me to remain pretty discreet to avoid spoilers or give you the full low down on the eps !?

Either way let me before I post info. Just dont want to ruin anything for everyone :)

• Advertisement

don't ruin it dude.
    are they good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

episode 6 was one of the best CYE so far

Hey Seve,

Yes they are very enjoyable. Some real laugh out loud stuff

--
    A few things I've noticed...

There is a story continuity betw Ep's, which rarely happenned in the prev series or in Seinfeld. Usually the ep's are "The something..." and there may be references in a following ep but never like a soap opera style of picking up where they left off. Its just a bit of a different style.

I wont be spoiling anything in saying that in the 1st ep Larry reminds Cheryl of an agreement they made when they got married that on their 10th Anniversay Cheryl wanted renew their vows and she would let Larry sleep with another woman as a one off!

This has dominated the 1st 3 eps- plus Larry's role in Mel Brooks Producers which he is starring in with Ben Stiller. Ben has been in it tons in 1st 3 eps.

In Ep 3 watch out for the new meaning of the "Pop In", its very funny.

Also a good few old Seinfeld cast make appearances. Bookman the Libraray cop and The Wigmaster to name 2:)

Overall, its good stuff and its prolly more consistent comedy than ever before.

thanks for that 80project, now i'm dying to see them.
    think i'll download them afterall.

Ep 4- the Weatherman

Here's some bullet points on the ep I noted....
    LD is revamping some old classics:

-> Why stand when you can sit- like George says to the Security Guard in the Maestro. THis time he's talking about peeing while sitting down!

-> LD is talking to a Russian throu a translator and admits he loves having himself translated to, abit like George admit he loved having lips read, In the Lip Reader

-> LD has to wear a name tag at a function and hates having to do it- says it will ruin his jacket. Of course name tags were the cause of Mayor Dinkins famous demise in The Non-Fat Yogurt !!

-> A notable reappearence from the Warden of the Womens Prison in The Little Jerry!

Overall another enjoyable ep- I have eps 5 & 6 d/l as well and will be bang up to date as there is no ep this Sunday- next new ep is Feb 22.

Season 4 closes tonight with a 2 parter "The Survivor". 80P Have you seen The Surrogate yet? its supposed to be the best one of the season.:)

season 3 gets another outing on tg4 starting 25th march at 9pm.

season 4 will no doubt air after the conclusion of season 3.

9pm? excellent, prime time slot.:)

The last ep is actually this Sun "Opening Night"

smuckers says >> The last ep is actually this Sun "Opening Night"

what?
    not on tg4?
    smuckers - what channel is it on?

the repeat showing of season 3 on tg4 has now been postponed for a week as tg4 have secured the rights for celtic's uefa cup tie with barcelona which is on thursday the 25th march.

• Advertisement

Hi Guys,

been busy in the last week but I'm going to d/l the new eps now and watch them in the next few days.

Saw a little blurb oon CNN last monday morning and it said it was v.good. Supposedly Larry doesnt go through with his anniversary gift!

David

It won't be till May that we'll see Season 4 on TG4, assuming they are repeating season 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Damn, I thought it was the new season on TG4. Ah well, I don't believe I've seen all of season 3.

Advertisement