Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

siemens mc60 or nokia 3200?

• 05-12-2003 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭

which is the better phone to buy i want to get a camera phone but cant decide which one
    i have a meteor sim card and im wonderin if i can use this in the nokia 3200 if i buy it from vodafone cos meteor dont sell the nokia at the moment

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

some1 answer the poor guy, this is the third forum he's posted this on. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

eh well perhaps i can help with the second question, the meteor sim won't work in the vodafone phone unless you can get the nokia unlocked afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Originally posted by yom 1

i have a meteor sim card and im wonderin if i can use this in the nokia 3200 if i buy it from vodafone cos meteor dont sell the nokia at the moment

if you get a bill phone it will work, mine did. credit phones are locked however

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭brian_ire

hey there, i don't know much about the Nokia 3200, but a bought the MC60 a few weeks ago and brought it back the next day. It's a joke. The screen resolution is 4K in comparison with 65K on the majority of other phones. If you take a picture on it, you can barely make out on image let alone see who the picture is actually of. To play one of the in built games it takes about 2 minutes to load. Thats 120 seconds which is a hell of a long time when your there sitting looking at your phone waiting for it to do something. Plus the menu is extremly dinky. If i was you i'd get the Motorola v300 on meteor, pay the extra 60 yo yos and get quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

cheers must check the motorola out then

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

i will be getting one of theese two phones in the near future, so which one would you guys reccomend, they are roughly the same price and seemingly similar features

siemens:
    1-1057223575-MC60.jpg

nokia :
    nokia_3200.jpg

i like them both, but im tempted to pick nokia for handyness, u know being able to use other peoples batteries and chargers.

so what would you guys and girls choose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭lotas

id go for the nokia cause i have always had a nokia (currently the 7650) and it looks pretty cool. as for the MC60, the only reason id get it is because its 99 on o2 and that would be a nice second phone for an other network. i have used both, but not for long. picture quality on both is fairly bad (compaired to the 7650) and i think the seimens has a fairly nice UI. the one on the 3300 is weird! takes a bit of time to get used to. see if you can find somone with either of the phones and see which one you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Thread Merged with previous MC60 and 3200 query...

also take a look at a thread discussing the 3200 here...

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Have a a read of this review of the Siemens:

http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=577

Then have a read of this review:

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/nokia-3200-en.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Originally posted by yom 1
    cheers must check the motorola out then

:D

that had better be a joke. Motorola's are so bad. Can't see the name of who's texting you, no delivery reports, and you inflict the pain on everyone else around you through their horrible ringtones and message tones!

I'd go with the nokia personally because of reliability, and because nokia tend to set the standards for things. Don't know what the new Siemens phones are like, but the old ones used to be terribly unreliable things, especially the batteries in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Get the Vodafone 3200, and ask the guys in the shop to convert your meteor number to Vodafone. Costs 12 euro, you get 10 euro free credit, so its only like 2 euro.

There ya go, you have your old number and your new phone with no downside that I can see. Apart from variations in call costs between meteor and vodafone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

Originally posted by Ryo Hazuki
    Get the Vodafone 3200, and ask the guys in the shop to convert your meteor number to Vodafone. Costs 12 euro, you get 10 euro free credit, so its only like 2 euro.
    Vodafone CHARGE you to port?? I know its nominal, but WTF?? You'd think that maybe they might just be happy to be gaining another customer?

Neither O2 nor Meteor do this.

Meteor - SIM Pack - €20 with €20 credit(& €10 free the next month&every month for 10months provided you top up €20 each month)

O2 - SIM Pack - €30 with €10 credit on it, €10 more for postal Reg,or €20 more for Online reg(so total of €30 if you reg online)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The O2 simpack I bought cost me €29 and included €10 call credit plus €10 if you register online. So ended up costing me net €9 to port. Was worth it for the free webtexts though.

They're glad of contract business alright, they make **** all money off pay-as-you-go people though, which is why all the good deals are for the pay monthlies.

Hmmmm.... a friend of mine ported from Vodafone to O2 only a month back and he paid €29 as you did, but got €10 on it, and €20 when reg'd online, it even said this in the SIM pack he got....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

With Vodafone the port is free. You get 10 euro pre loaded on the sim and another 2 euro for registering your personal details...

U live and learn... live and learn... :)

Advertisement