Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chipping X box or PS2

Options
  • 05-01-2004 2:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Anyone got any views on chipping a PS2 or X Box , i have been offered a chip that slots into the mem slot and it then enables you to copy orinal games and then play them........has anyone touched on this redently?/?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

There's a games forum here - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=12

Your question will probably get a proper answer there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

moved

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

xbox wise they may be talking about one of the save game exploits that use a memory card initialy

cableguy's totally right though - an internal chip is the best option - no real excuse not to get it done on the xbox - it's not that expensive and easy enough to do yourself. ps2 is another matter, you'd need to be a decent solderer if you were trying that

Nige

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭MrBigglesworth

I bought an xbox in november and would be interested in chipping it, i would like the capability to play multi region dvds, any advice?

that site's no good it only sells xbit - www.xbox-scene.com - by far the best place to be checking things out

• Advertisement

hehe i got a little too xbox focused there for a sec so we're even ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Spud_Gun

I have a modded Xbox and I have a mod chip for my PS2 but I haven't put it in yet. Its a Executor 2 mod and I had to open the Xbox and solder 8 very easy points, whereas the PS2 (messiah mod) has 24 very fiddley solder points and I'm not that brave. There are newer, one solder type mod chips out there, but I haven't heard of an extrernal one. The only external mod type connection is this which allows the user to transfer saves to and from your Xbox, but thats it. I will echo the advice and recommend an internal modchip, the less solders the better. Are you handy with a soldering iron?

There is a power switch on my mod chip which is essential when playing Xbox Live as the MS servers check all connected consoles for a non-standard bios and if one is detected, that Xbox is banned from Xbox Live. I rarely use the mod chip now as I am normally online when I play Xbox games.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

There is a solderless Xecuter chip called the lite plus for the xbox. I just put one in my xbox last week and it is the nuts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

The Executer 2.3 is a nice mod for the Xbox. Easy to fit and works well.

Messiah2 or MagicV are good for the PS2 if you only want to play imports and backups, The DMS3 is the job if you want to run apps from the memory card, but its a good bit more expensive than the other mods. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

And this site

• Advertisement
Advertisement