Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quake

Options
  • 15-02-2000 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

What packet size should i be using for playin quake, and what size for downloading and surfin etc????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

no 7

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

Thnks for insight lads smile.gif but seriously anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

King size, or if you live at home family size.

Seriously though, what exactly do you mean by packet size?

Play GLminesweeper! Lunacy Abounds!

[This message has been edited by amp (edited 15-02-2000).]

emm u can set u're packet size to small, medium, or large, or automatic.

large is best for downloading and for looking at webpages but i was wondering which is the best selection for playin games?

pleez go to technology section cause i have much bigger probs over there sad.gif

[This message has been edited by Vincent (edited 15-02-2000).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Hot-Ice

do what ever u fell is right smile.gifsmile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

I say go LARGE!
    Call it Freudian if you wish sunglasses.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

check for an option that says "this option should be selected if you wish to play quake"

I downloaded a program called PPP - Boost, were u can customize u're packet size, speed at which packets are received. If u have win98 this won't increase performance that much i think, but if u have win95 u should give it a go.

smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Just a guess But I imagine you'd want to draw a line between small packets, for low-latency, and medium for less constant effects from packet loss (you may lose bigger chunks of data, but you'll do so less often).

So, one of those definite-maybe answers....Oh well. Why don't you test it out and let us know?

• Advertisement
Advertisement