Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm not alone.

Options
  • 05-01-2004 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm glad to find a triving BF community in Ireland. I was sure that I was alone. I play alot of DC mostly on UK servers. I've added in the Cavan server so I'll give that a go but I'm pining quite high at 170+, thats on ISDN.

Are there any clans operating in DC. I'd love to get a clan up and running called "The Fighting Irish [TFI]". If anyone is interested please respond.

Anyway hope to speak to you all soon.

The Fairy.

PS Plse reply to poll on forming a clan if there isnt one already up and running. If there is let me know the details. Thx.

Interested in forming a clan? 11 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    63% 7 votes
    There is a clan already in operation
    27% 3 votes
    Bugger Off
    9% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

Yeah guess I'd be interested in joining, mostly because I want to find a group of people who are of a decent standard and play regularly but more importantly play on an irish server (Games2 :) ). Not sure about the name to tbh sounds a bit clichéd, but then again most clan names are arn't they. I'll keep an eye on the thread see how things develope, good luck none-the-less.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Ugh silly clan names.

Why not think up something good. Like "Cellar Door" for example. I am loathing these 3 letter tag names that mean jibberish. They remind me of my childhood days of playing Counter Strike. That goes back a good few years now.

Anyways. the idea of an irish BF clan has been developed and talked about for a long time now ... and nobody has really done anything about it. Why? nobody knows, possibly due to so many of us living on sexy 56k connections. We dream for better connections in 2004.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Cellar Door? Spot the Donnie Darko obsessive...

Winters, are you going to be modding a Call of Duty forum in the near future or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

my mind drifts back to [-itf-] days.

sigh.....:dunno:

Originally posted by magpie
    Cellar Door? Spot the Donnie Darko obsessive...

Winters, are you going to be modding a Call of Duty forum in the near future or what?

I dont know. I cant see much demand for a pure CoD forum at the moment. If there is one created and you lot want me to mod that I will do it of course. I dont mind the extra work [You may not know it but modding actually does take a lot of work and time :eek: ].

Also Donnie Darko obessive? Na only seen it a few times. Interesting film but i cant see it being added to my DvD collection. Just thought it would be funny to have it in there :)
    Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    my mind drifts back to [-itf-] days.

Yea. God thinking back that was a long time ago. Back in the Days of Day Of Defeat Beta 1.3b and 2.0 where it all really took off. My god and even back to the days of Counter Strike 1.3. God i feel nearly old. Now i take my pint and escape back to the world of television.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Right.

I agree with the bit about the name. Who cares. Something in Irish would be cool. I'm not much better on an ISDN connection but remember playing DOD on 56k.

I hope to get BB sometime in the summer. I'm campaigning for registrations on my home exchange, see http://www.lisnaskea.info.

I find the Cavan server kicks me out 4 out of 5 times and dont know why, but thats a different story.

Thanks for the replys.

The Fairy.

Originally posted by TheHairyFairy
    I find the Cavan server kicks me out 4 out of 5 times and dont know why, but thats a different story.

Thanks for the replys.

The Fairy.

Please explain more about the kicking part and we will try to solve it. Odd for it to do that I have to say. It has never kicked me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

FWIW, I'd join. I like shooting people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

how bout

(PaDdY)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

i think theres a Day of Defeat clan called TFI

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Impurity

I'll join!

Netsource just approved me for Business Broadband last monday...FOOLS!!! MU HA HA HA HA!!!...i am going to buger that line when i get it until there is no more life it ;-)
    But i will most certainly be playing DC constantly on it!

[edit]Its never a good idea to post your email address on a public board. Transmit by PM or IRC or so
    * Winters
    [/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'll join!

I've got broadband, and play DC a good bit. Also, I play in a LAN in Leixlip, somewhere :) PM me.

Also, wots the webbie for games2.iol.ie ? Or is there one?
    I've tried http://games2.iol.ie/, and http://www.games2.iol.ie/ baut it comes up with a "The page cannot be displayed" error :(

Found the server. No-one there @ the mo. Being in it for a bit. Still there. Its 00:24am GMT if anyone wants to join :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by TheHairyFairy
    I hope to get BB sometime in the summer. I'm campaigning for registrations on my home exchange, see http://www.lisnaskea.info.
    Would you be meaning Lisnaskea, as in Co.Fermanagh? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Yes I sure do.

I assume from your post you know of it?

The fairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I live in 'Skea, the sh*thole broadbandless place that it is,check your PMs :)

ps: BT had a meeting a few months back, and last I heard we'r on for broadband this February or so, the cables have been down for months already.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Jim sucks Winter's cock.

That is all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement