Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Disc Error" on my DVD player - help

• 05-01-2004 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi

I have a Yamaha S510 DVD player which I bought in London 2 years ago - I have hardly used it until just before Christmas - now, without warning, in the middle of watching a movie or listening to a music CD, I get this "disc error" message and everything stops.

It is not dirt on my DVD's as they play perfectly on my laptop DVD player, but each DVD that encounters a problem always stops at the same place.

I bought a DVD lens cleaning kit and that still didn't work.

Does anyone out there know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Cirymarr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Its probably having issues switching between layers.. a quick google for that might throw up some solutions, my own crappy dvd player had problems reading any discs at all a while back so i took the whole thing apart, cleaned it manually and put it back together.. works grand since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by Kali
    Its probably having issues switching between layers.. a quick google for that might throw up some solutions,
    Agreed. Check the Disc on your laptop player, and FF to the point where your player crashes. You may see a very slight pause, a freezing of frames, sometimes almost indistuingishable. That's the player switching between layers. If you see this pause at the same point as your player crashes, then that's your problem :)

Advertisement