Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are U.S. Republicans to continue re-making the world?

Options
  • 05-01-2004 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

There is a very interesting article by Patrick Buchanan on the Internet speculating whether George Bush is going to follow in the footsteps of Ronald Reagan (bringing about the downfall of the Russian Communist empire) and Richard Nixon (opening China to the West). Buchanan wonders if Bush will now open Iran and thereby make a sea-change in the Islamic world. It seems ironic that these U.S. Republican presidents and their administrations, often painted in devilish tones by the left, were and are the driving force behind these tremendous changes in world order.
    http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36448

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

*Waves arse in Jarvis Cocker stylee*

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by TomF
    There is a very interesting article by Patrick Buchanan on the Internet
    Do you mean Pat Buchanan the well known (ex-)Republican?
    speculating whether George Bush is going to follow in the footsteps of Ronald Reagan (bringing about the downfall of the Russian Communist empire)
    Reagan didn't do this, Gorbahov, Solidarity and Chernobyl did.
    and Richard Nixon (opening China to the West). Buchanan wonders if Bush will now open Iran and thereby make a sea-change in the Islamic world.
    That would be a sea-change for the USA, not Iran, it is the Americans that have screwed Iran for the last 50 years not the other way around.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

It seems ironic that these U.S. Republican presidents and their administrations, often painted in devilish tones by the left
    Might be all the people Reagan left below the poverty line in his own country so he could keep buying ICBMs. Ditto Thatcher. I've already demonstrated why her economics (and, er Reagan's too prior to 1986) was total rubbish so I won't do it again.

Isn't Pat Buchanan a little to the right of Genghis Khan? Shouldn't he be telling us to dump even Medicare?

I wouldn't say that I'm very much to the left (and I'm not dogmatic about it) but I can generally spot an idiot or a hungry child when I see one.

Advertisement