Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motorcycle maintenance classes

Options
  • 05-01-2004 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

Will be starting shortly in Skerries Community college. They are on wednesday evenings iirc. And signed for the classes is this week with courses starting next week or the week after. I'll post further details when I get them. I saw it in a local newspaper over the weekend. If you are interested you might want to give the community college a phone call today to make sure you don't miss them. I've done the course twice and found it invaluable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I'd be quite interested in this so awaiting more details eagerly!

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

For those not on de nortsoide, there is a motorcycle maintenance course and a motorcycle restoration course in Kylemore College Ballyfermot.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Indeed. Anyone ring them already, or am I going to have to do it myself? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,518 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Anyone know of any taking place on the Southside of Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

anyone know of any courses taking place in Cork? I'd love to do a bike maintenance course

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Krusty, Ballyfermot is _technically_ southside ;) but I'll check my Wolfhound evening class guide when I get home for you.

rymus, you could try contacting motorcycle ireland There are some non-Dub riders there who might know. AFAIK wolfhound doesn't do courses outside the Pale. Fás do some bike courses in Dublin. Try local VEC too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Originally posted by rymus
    anyone know of any courses taking place in Cork? I'd love to do a bike maintenance course

if your in UCC the bike club do a small scale maintenance course. quite informative really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

I will have to invite you to my shed for crush course in bike maintenance;)

Originally posted by Gmodified
    I will have to invite you to my shed for crush course in bike maintenance;)
    hmmm not too sure about that one. I've heard stories about you and your 'shed' :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

I've heard stories about you and your 'shed'

Was it Irish times or CrimeTime:D

Anyway, I always service my vehicles, not only that you save few euro but you will get great buzz out of the fact that you have serviced your bike.

At least you have assurance that your engine is filled with quality oil
    :)

• Advertisement

very true, very true. In fact in my latest service I could have saved about €150 if I'd known how to do stuff like changing oil, changing oil & air filters, putting in new plugs, changing brake pads, greasing bearings and so on. How depressing :(

Advertisement