Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam Thursday 8th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

It was great fun, bit of a kick in the nuts starting at the final table as chip leader and then going out so quickly but I couldn't as they say buy a break. Flops just kept giving me nothing. Ah well.

Anyone who is unsure I'd definately say give it a go it's a lot of fun and shouldn't cost you too much if you're careful. I'd say you'd need to plan on at least one rebuy and a top-up which is €20. Not bad at all for four hours of fun in my opinion.

I shall return!

Congrats to Pudding! When I left you were short stacked by a bit if I remember correctly, well done for turning it around.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by Hyzepher
    Was that you? I was at that table - the nutter at the end. I have to say that I thought it was the wrong ruling but I suppose you have to go with what the house says.
    Hyzepher
    what happened?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

It was much ado about nothing really. Short answer is that one guy raised - everyone folded (bar one but we'll get to that) - dealer pushed chips to the raiser, who then mucked his cards. Gerire, who hadn't folded (dealer didn't see) wanted to call - since the initial raiser had mucked the pot went to Gerire - even though the chips had been pushed to the other guy.

Get that - good ;)

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

really enjoyed last night.

much less intimidating than the merrion
    and nicer tables.. etc. and a generally younger crowd.

Ended up buying in loads at the start, about 3 times roughly
    then got a nice string of cards and callers to go roundabout chip leader
    before the break. then bust in the first 3 hands after the break

: A pair of bullets not holding up to trip fives (on the turn!):eek:
    and pocket sevens getting beaten by over cards.:rolleyes:
    Poker is such a creul mistress...! but that's poker!

roll on next thurs!:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Hmmm would that be my pair of Aces not holding up to the trip 5s? No further comment needed.
    Great night, good to meet some of you guys and I hope to meet the rest of ye over the next few thursdays. Congrats to Dapper and Gavin. One thing though guys Q5 offsuit is not normally a hand worth calling a raise with. God dang ye.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

I had been hoping to go along last night myself, but did not manage to get home (from Limerick) until after 22:00, so no go.
    :(

However, judging by all the (positive) reports, it sounds like the place to be on a Thursday night, so I'll be making a big effort to make it along.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

Hi all. It was my first time there too. Never played in a public game before and made it to the final table, so was pretty happy i guess.....coulda been happier tho. I was the one 1st out in seat 1 of the final table. Was good fun - the free 250 seat will me mine one day! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

It was a really good night. What surprised me was how friendly everyone was. That and the way that practically everyone knew everyone else. It is amazing how much poker gets played in this town.

It was very nice to get to the final 3 in my first tourney. I saw very little action from the time I first changed tables. I got very bad cards from that point on. I did not think I would make it, I was very short stacked. I think at one point I was down to maybe €4000. I managed to steal a few blinds and get up to around 10. Was bracing myself to make a move when Hyzepher went all in with 2 eights, that did not work out for him but ended the game for the rest of us.

All in all agreat night. Cost me €10 and came with food and drink. Will be going again next week to see if it was all just begineers luck.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Originally posted by Samson
    I had been hoping to go along last night myself, but did not manage to get home (from Limerick) until after 22:00, so no go.
    :(

They actually accept new entries until quite late. It was near 11 before they called it closed to new entrants. The dealer told us that as long as you make it before 1030 you should get a seat.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Originally posted by Hyzepher
    It was much ado about nothing really. Short answer is that one guy raised - everyone folded (bar one but we'll get to that) - dealer pushed chips to the raiser, who then mucked his cards. Gerire, who hadn't folded (dealer didn't see) wanted to call - since the initial raiser had mucked the pot went to Gerire - even though the chips had been pushed to the other guy.

Get that - good ;)

Hyzepher

Personally I had no idea what the ruling was going to be but when the 2 different people, pit boss and table supervisor gave the same call, that was good enough for me. In the end he was playing in hope to get a king to give him a pair but I was sitting on 2 pair in anyways at that stage, oh well,
    I did really enjoy my night and will be there again soon

Which guy where you Hyzepher?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Originally posted by gerire
    Which guy where you Hyzepher?

I was to your left at the top of the table.

Hyzepher

Advertisement