Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Diego and Robinho for SPURS?!?

• 05-01-2004 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Anyone heard the rumour that these two very talented youngsters from Santos,Brazil(for those whose lives revolve around the premiership!)
    Thses two are total class and THFC would ahve to break the bank to get themand as for tying them down to more than a 2-year contract!!!best of luck!
    I would say Italy first then when they are post 30 THE PREMIERSHIP!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I think I saw an article where the Santos manager and chairman said that they want to keep both players at least until summer 2005, players seemed happy to do this to mature in their own team first as well.

They'd cost silly money, 8-12 million each, from what I've read they are the future of brazilian footie.
    Don't think Spurs have that kind of cash and would they really be that dumb to spend in on 2 more forwards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭johnnyboy4711

diego is a midfielder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by johnnyboy4711
    diego is a midfielder
    attacking midfielder/forward according to Championship Manager :p
    a scholes type player maybe? never seen him play personally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

It would be difficult for both of them to get a work permit as they are very young.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

The problem with Diego apparently was that his father is entitled to 50% of any transfer fee due to a clause in Diego's contract with Santos - as a result Santos obviously want more than they would normally probably settle for him.

Brazilian players can normally be got quite cheaply due to the general lack of money in the Brazilian league - they'll take pretty much any offer they think is reasonable as they have comparatively little income from ticket sales, merchandising, and tv rights.

Kaka cost only 8 million dollars to Milan, even players like Ronaldo, Rivaldo etc. all left Brazil for quite a bit less than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Plus, is he really what Spurs need at the moment? He's 18, and will undoubtedly be worth much more in a few years, but how long will he take the settle and will he really help the relegation cause?

I'd love him in the team if I knew Spurs were going to be in the Premiership next season cos after the summer he could get really good, but I'm not sure that they will. A 7m bid was accepted in the Summer, but Santos didn't want to let hiim go till their season finished, which is now, but he also would have had difficulty getting a passport (I've heard this could be sorted by now though).

Advertisement