Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Gta Named And Dated....

Options
  • 05-01-2004 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

according to http://www.computerandvideogames.com/

It's called GTA IV: Sin City and will arrive on PS2 on November 5 this year, according to retail

12:43 Online retailer Amazon.co.uk is now listing the highly anticipated next instalment of the massive Grand Theft Auto series on its website. Of course, as we've seen in the past, such listings cannot always be trusted, but if true then speculation about the game's title has been spot on - welcome to Grand Theft Auto IV: Sin City.
    Sin City is a name that's been knocked around for some time for the next GTA title simply because it's the last remaining location appearing in the original top-down GTA series that has yet to be covered by the latest games. It's the obvious and natural choice.

Amazon.co.uk has zero info on Sin City at the moment, other than that it's suggesting an expected release date of November 5, 2004 on PS2 (nope, no mention of PC or Xbox versions). However, Microsoft insiders have revealed to us that the company is currently locked in negotiations with Rockstar in order to get an Xbox version out before the end of 2004, although it's believed an existing deal with Sony precludes the possibility of a simultaneous release. Watch this space.

We contacted publisher Rockstar Games earlier today to confirm details, but as yet have heard nothing back - we hope to have something concrete soon. As ever, we'll keep you posted on developments

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

I have to say im skeptical. I would have thought Take 2 would be coding this for the next generation Sony machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

They've already announced that it'll appear on the PS2 sometime in Q4 of this year, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Ah right. Same engine? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

Originally posted by smiaras
    Yeah they've said for a while now that it was due for the christmas period this year. Lots of speculation that it was to be set in San andreas but rumours were going around that because true crime was set there GTA 4 would be set elsewhere. I presume that the Sin City title means that it'll have a Las Vegas feel, someone was telling me that they may even roll the years back to include elvis and the ratpack, my oh my that would be funny. With the date confirmed it'll only spell bad news for teenage boys worldwide, who will no doubt be saving their pennies and doing away with their expensive clearasil habits in order to afford the new game. Needless to say there will be a lot more greasy skinned, spotty, ugly people around the block.

clearasil doesnt work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

its looking ba for the next gta as it faces a ban:(
    http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/world/archives/2004/01/03/2003086215

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mission 1: Scare the unnamed ethnic minority by chasing them in your car and throwing cuddly teddy bears out the window at them. Awwwww :)

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Zhane
    according to http://www.computerandvideogames.com/

Sin City is a name that's been knocked around for some time for the next GTA title simply because it's the last remaining location appearing in the original top-down GTA series that has yet to be covered by the latest games. It's the obvious and natural choice.
    :boggle:
    this makes me hate cvg just a teency bit more.

oh yeah, and i'm willing to bet that "IV" won't appear in the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Taken from the article
    "American society is racist, even though there are anti-racist laws," Lesly Voltaire, minister for Haitians living abroad, told the Miami Herald.

"It's based on a formerly slave-owning society, which has left its mark, and there are people who think they can make money on that racism," he said.

I wonder if this prat has actually played the game or has he just been exposed to the shock antics of the media. As good as I can remember the reason you were suppose to kill the haitians was because you were being payed by one side in a gang turf war, not because of the colour of their skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

I believe so. And, of course, you were fighting on the side of cubans.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

...but if true then speculation about the game's title has been spot on - welcome to Grand Theft Auto IV: Sin City.

Wtf? Sin City? The original GTA had San Andreas.
    Was Sin City in GTA2? I can't remember.

I think it was the second or third city in the first one, can't remember rightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

No, the first one was:

Liberty City
    San Andreas
    Vice City

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

"You can still beat up anyone, a black person, a white person, a prostitute," she told the Boston Globe. - From the Guardian.

See - that’s not been racist. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It would be great if it was set during prohibition, although mafia already did that.

Population of San Andreas in about 2615. By the time you finished GTA 4 if it was set in SA you would have killed the entire population twice over.
    A las vegas style city would be very interesting.

Originally posted by Einstürzende
    No, the first one was:

Liberty City
    San Andreas
    Vice City

That's what I said it was either the second or third city in the first game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

people are getting too worked up about san andreas, imo las vegas would be way more interesting and varied. why do people want san andreas so much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭R_Tribesman

Rockstar confirmed that they game wont be named sin city, and that 5th of november is not the release date, but its 'close to the release date'. The title as of now will remain "gta IV", until further notice. But the most likely turn out is that it will be named San Andreas.

Sin City was a prank name released by shacknews and amazon took it seriously and now you can preorder GTA IV:in City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Should do Chicago, Detroit or some small hick town, say Seattle or Denver....or Heuston

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

I never like it when they say "until further notice" thats never a good sign,
    Calling GTA IV San Andreas would make sence since its the 3rd city from the original game but skypax is right a change of scene is deff needed somewhere like new york or LA would be very good (mmmmmm apache gunship hovering over the golden gate bridge i can see it now :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

we know it's getting released in the October-November period of the year. We know it has the same engine (or a slightly improved version) as Vice City, and we know that they registered a domain called gtasanandreas.com (i think).

there's still plenty of time left for speculation but my guess is that around summer time we'll get some proper information

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by AL][EN
    I never like it when they say "until further notice" thats never a good sign,
    Calling GTA IV San Andreas would make sence since its the 3rd city from the original game but skypax is right a change of scene is deff needed somewhere like new york or LA would be very good (mmmmmm apache gunship hovering over the golden gate bridge i can see it now :D )

new York has already been done in GTA3 has it not? and San Andreas is LA/San Fran.
    San Andreas Fault, California etc.

Also, is it something with my nick that it induces temporary dyslexia in people?

SkyPax is a highly common typo of my name, been called it at lans at times too.
    Strange how the mind works when associating letters...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,666 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

how about just dropping the "yx" altogether ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

according to here amazon were wrong and take two have registered trade marks for the following names.
    1. GTA: San Andreas
    2. GTA5
    3. GTA6

GTA:San Andreas
    GTA 5
    GTA6

any1 up for some GTA 6???

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=133299

omfg creemo, after your countless posts pointing out peoples stupidity for posting in the wrong place/thread or starting a thread when there was another similar one doing the rounds...
    YOU FINALLY SLIP UP \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i thought it deserved another thread, if the mods think not they can merge to together i'm sure?

admit it, you slipped up.
    like a crocodile stepping on a greased banana

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

agreed, there is no need for this thread. :p

Advertisement