Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt Advice

Options
  • 05-01-2004 5:04pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭

All

I got a call from a Debt Collector there today. I lived in a house a year ago and subscribed to Sky.
    They account was in my name and also the Direct Debit was also on my account. Then in April
    I rang Sky asked them send out a change of payment form and they did, asked them to change the name.
    The lads in the house took up the payment no bother. They moved out in August and then rang SKY to cancel
    the subscription.
    They said they needed a password, we had it noted down but they lost the pages when they moved out. They rang
    me and I did not know the password. The lads called them back and told them this, SKY said that ok, but that if they
    cancelled the DD then this would stop the subscription.
    They cancelled the DD and moved out, the box has not been used since as it is sitting in my house.
    But SKY continued to charge... so not "I" owe them 400 Euro.
    I do not know what to do, any ideas?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

I'd ask in the Sat forum TBH, its http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=55

Check your PM's , the best advice may come informally in private

M

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Thanks very much, I am getting advice from a few, it seems that SKY has tried this one before, what a headache!!

I suppose it was my own fault but still it is annoying and worrying that they could wreck my credit history unless I pay over 400 Euros that I do not owe!!!

Advertisement