Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"B" Internationals

• 05-01-2004 5:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Brian Kerr has mentioned a few times that he would like to try out a few backup players in B Internationals against the likes of Scotland and Turkey. I think this is a great idea and I'd say everyone who gets a callup would accept. We could also see try out a few "plastic paddies". What team would you like to see? Baring in mind that players you regard as "A" subs (like Kilbane) are part of the main Irish team so won't be involved in B's and the same is applied to U-21's. I can't think of a lot but I'd go with this:

G.Stack

J.Kenna
    J.Thompson
    G.Doherty
    R.Ryan

T.Butler
    J.O'Connor
    S.McPhail
    M.Kennedy

A.Lee
    G.Barrett

Others:
    Lee Trundle (said on soccer AM that he is an Irish man born in England and has scored 18 goals this season)
    Alan Mahon
    Gareth Farrelly
    Richie Partridge (If he ever lives up to the hype)
    Mark Kinsella
    Lee Carsley
    Jason McAteer
    Paddy Kenny
    Ronnie Bull
    Barry Quinn
    Alan Quinn

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Lee Trundle (said on soccer AM that he is an Irish man born in England and has scored 18 goals this season)

Are you serious didn,t realise the prolific Mr. Trundel had Irish connections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

There's Michael Foley-Sheridan and Darren Potter as well. They played well in the U-20 world cup. Both are training full time at Liverpool and although Potter had the better performances in the world cup I'd say Foley Sheridan is closer to a call up IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by jonno
    There's Michael Foley-Sheridan and Darren Potter as well. They played well in the U-20 world cup. Both are training full time at Liverpool and although Potter had the better performances in the world cup I'd say Foley Sheridan is closer to a call up IMO
    They will be playing for the U-21's. I also left out that Jason Byrne of Shelbourne, definitely worth a look.
    Originally posted by The Muppet
    Are you serious didn,t realise the prolific Mr. Trundel had Irish connections.
    http://www.socceram.net/trundle.htm

You always wanted to play for Ireland, if Brian Kerr was to ask you to play, would you accept straight away?
    Oh definitely, I know there is a B game coming up, so It’ll be a chance for him to put me on and see what I can do.

Would you ever like to play for Wales?
    I have no welsh family, I’m with Ireland through my Granddad, even when I was a kid I grew up supporting Ireland even though I lived in England, and all my mates had England kits on I always had an Ireland kit on so it’s not something that’s just cropped up, it’s always been in my family, all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

GK: Joe Murphy (West Bromwich Albion)
    GK Paddy Kenny (Sheffield United)
    M: Michael Keane (Preston North End)
    F: Marlon King (Notts Forest) - Irish connections?

Advertisement