Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Cinema PC

• 05-01-2004 5:20pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Im looking to build a home cinema PC. My main concern is the graphics card. Has anyone good experince with audio visual stuff espicaly good quality DVD playback to be outputted by a projector? Im looking to dodge any pitfalls.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

The ATI All in Wonder 9600 128Mb excellent card for a home cinema PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Originally posted by Rew
    Im looking to build a home cinema PC. My main concern is the graphics card. Has anyone good experince with audio visual stuff espicaly good quality DVD playback to be outputted by a projector? Im looking to dodge any pitfalls.

If you are outputting to a PJ, then you are using the VGA connection I gather? In that case the quality of 2D (eg DVD) is virtually identical for all cards made in the last 5 years, certainly at the resolutions you will be using.

Many recommend VIA M10000 based boards. Low noise, Hardward Mpeg2 decoding, 1GHz Low power CPU, tiny Miny-ITX form factor and onboard GFX and sound..

Matt

Advertisement