Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of changing from Esat Business to IOL/BB

• 05-01-2004 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

The €108.90 per month is starting to bite a bit now, especially when they fecked up yet again with the billing and charged me €1197 the other day even though I was up to date with the bills in September but that is another matter.

The question is, is it worth my time switching to IOL BB ?
    I presume you need line rental with this product too so

Per month = €49.49 (vat included) + €22.50 l.r. = €71.99
    Self Install: €90 (vat included)

108.90 * 12 = €1306.80
    €71.99 * 12 = €863.88 + €90 € 953.88

so that's about €352.92 a year of a difference.
    or about €29.41 per month.

I think however I would have to re-connect the phone line aswell which I think is €24.99.

Add to all of this how long it will take between disconnecting from ESAT, connecting to Eircom getting upgraded to ASDL again.

I am delighted with the ESAT package, always there, steady low pings, no cap but it's just so expensive.

Have IOL been charging for people who go over the cap ?
    Is the service as good as the business one ? (I'm in Galway)
    How long does it typically take to get set up ?

Any answers/comments would be appreciated.

If I can get someone in to go halves on the bill though I won't be changing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

once esat disconnect you it should be a matter of 24 hours to get your line reconnected to eircom. Thing is.. you could very easily be waiting up to 4 weeks for a line test once your line is connected again :(

Add to that another 2 or so weeks until your line is upgraded for DSL so you can get IOL BB.

(The times I'm quoting above; 24hrs for a line connect & "up to 4 weeks" for a line test are what I experienced before I was able to get dsl)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Be prepared to lose Internet connectivity once you go over the cap; when you go over the cap BANG your kicked off for the rest of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

indeed you'll have to watch your dloads seeing as you'll be used to unlimited.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I'd never go from Esat Business to IOLBB, it would be crazy
    get yourself a box and have it on 24/7 doing stuff and it'll make it worth it

Also get onto Esat and bitch slap them about there stupid billing feckups ASAP
    I wouldn't touch IOLBB with a ten foot pole
    :)

Advertisement