Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help setting up virtual server

Options
  • 05-01-2004 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

maybe in the wrong section so sorry if it is-
    i'm looking to setupa virtual server on my pc so i can test some asp/access/html and vb script pages i've been doing for college- i have been trying to install iis from my winxp pro cd but it is not reading from the i386 folder and making funny sound in cd driveso i think it's maybe to badly scratched- (that'll teach me not to reinstall so often) any hows as far as i know mypersonal webserver is only for win98- does anyone know ofa proggy i can download (large download is not a prob lucky broadband) that will allow me to use my pc as server and client?
    much appreciated
    liamo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You should try using IIS if you want to get access and ASP support, though I think you'll find it easier to install apache at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

You should try microsoft.com , i remember somone saying that IIS/PWS could be downloaded from there. Otherwise just get a copy of an XP cd and burn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, I'd say try copying either your own CD, or someone else's. IIS would be a big download at this point.
    There have been certain extensions written that will allow you to run asp with Apache, but it won't be as simple to install as IIS.
    If you're doing comps in college, you could consider it part of the learning process. ;)

Advertisement