Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks CreeD re Quake 2

Options
  • 20-02-2000 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

At least there are some computer literate people around for all of us "illiterate" ones: Got to the next level, thanks. Got another problem now, can't seem to get a Microsoft gamepad working for the Quake program. Any ideas? Have tried typing in on the console _Joystick 1 but doesn't seem to work.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Use a mouse.

Other than that advice I cant help smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

*sigh* Whatever you do, DON'T USE A GAMEPAD. Get a good keyboard and mouse setup goin and it'll improve your play tenfold. Honestly. Use the mouse for looking up and down, firing and turning. Use the keyboard for moving and strafing. Don't use the keyboard for turning as it's too slow (same with pad). eg. w = forward, s = backward, a = moveleft, d = moveright. Easy. keep mouselook on aswell. Anything else oh nedwbie one? sunglasses.gif

It'll take a little getting used to tho sunglasses.gif

[This message has been edited by Steven (edited 21-02-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Is it plugged in?

Play GLminesweeper! Lunacy Abounds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

You just had to make two posts outta that didnt u steven? *cough spammer*
    smile.gif

• Advertisement

Wot?? me spamming?? What gave you the idea that I could sink that low. Imagine, making two posts.......... sunglasses.gif

out of the one topic for no reason. It was clearly just an honest mistake sunglasses.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

check out the bind on planet quake i think
    just do a search for quake2 binds and it throw it up
    like it was said, dont use a joypad. its far too limiting.
    get used to a mouse and keyboard setup and it will become second nature to you in no time. if you need binds or configs and stuff just mail me and i'll send you mine.
    you tend to need a lot of keys around your movement fingers to bind weapon changes and weapon drops and stuff like that

Your Imps Demand cable....

Advertisement