Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Hi8/8mm Video player/camcorder

Options
  • 05-01-2004 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

I'm about to transfer all my old videos to DVD. I've got a bunch of home videos on 8mm that I need to playback. I've still got the old camera but would prefer to use S-Video for transfer (mine only has composite video).

So... I'm looking to borrow/barter/hire a Hi8 or 8mm machine with s-video out. AFAIK Hi-8 machines playback 8mm tapes.

Anyone ? [if you have something you'd like transferred onto DVD-R then maybe we could work out a deal]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Sorted. I have a hi8 Camcorder with Svid out. and im looking to get some stuff transfered to DVD for a video we are making. Where are you based?

thanks

gar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

Can the Hi8 play 8mm tapes ?
    If so... we're sorted.

I live Dublin 15, work Dublin 18. PM sent with my mobile number.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

some digital 8 camcorders will playback 8mm and Hi8 tapes, i no the sonys do, not sure bout other makes.

Advertisement