Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Happened in Droheeeeda??

Options
  • 05-01-2004 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

I excuse me for barging into NE but we in SE are intrigued by something that happened in Drogheda
    but we don't know what! It has something to do with
    a county border....heres the link -

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132162

Cheers! :)

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

A knacker kid came upto me in the laterns and offered to sell me a fake gold watch?

surely those filthy drogs shud be beaten down

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

I might be able to shed some light....

Truely, the boundary between Meath and Louth should be the Boyne in the middle of Drogheda, but in reality, the county boundary is a few miles south, just at the Boyne Valley Hotel. There were plans brought forward to (then) Drogheda Corporation by former town mayor Frank Godfrey (locals will know of this man's interesting contribution to local politics) to incorporate the whole of the Meath coastline area in its new area of influence. This would've included Bettystown, Mornington, Laytown, Julianstown and possibly Duleek and Gormanstown.

Obviously Meath Co Co and locals got the hump and this didnt happen, and rightly so. TBH, it was laffed out by the Louth folk too. But that hasnt stopped Meath Co Co rezoning an awful lot of land just south for residental development, one look at the new Park Wood estate on the Colpe Road as you turn right from the N1 at the Europa Hotel (was the Rosnaree) would tell. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

they couldnt pay thier bin tax ?

Advertisement