Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help quick

• 05-01-2004 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭

hello!

need to find the make and model of mobo in my pc, its a dell 4550.

ive checked inside and i cant see much. ive found a american megatrends chipset ont it, but no model.

i neeed to find a detailed connection layout for the board, ie which pin in each connecter does what,

anyone have any ideas, or happen to know the model,or know maybe a program that can read the hardware model or can offer any advice

all welcome

tom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

SiSoftware Sandra Standard gives you a load of info about your hardware, including your mobo as far as I remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

cheers,

downloading now

all i can say now is damn you 56k!!
    and thanks for the quick reply!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

If its Dell then its a Dell MB, to find out what chipset its running to get the drivers, Si Sandra May help. If not ring dell they should know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭GarGuile

A trick I've used is to unplug the keyboard, then start the PC. You should then get a keyboard error, which will give you the time to copy down the bios string (Chain of numbers on top corner of screen). Put this number through Google and Voila!

Advertisement