Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom log in prob

• 05-01-2004 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭

Hi All.

I am on Eircom dsl using win 98se, when the puter freezes and I have to reboot and log back into Eircom, I cant log back in, and I get this 645 error, the only solution is to reboot the puter several more times before I can log back into poxy Eircon,
    any ideas.

Cranoo ww)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 DaemÈn

I'm not too sure about this as i dont use dsl myself but its possible that when ur computer freezes and u restart - eircom dont recognise that u have disconnected and leave the "connection" open for a certain amount of time waiting for u to transmit: thus not allowing u to log back in (as eircom believe u are already on) - then after a certain time limit the end ur original connection and allow u to log on again ..... ! bit long winded but i think u get the idea !

best of luck with it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭cranoo

Maybe that could be it ??????? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by cranoo
    Maybe that could be it ??????? :confused:
    Try powering off the modem when this happens - that might cause eircom to "reset" the connection.

(Just a guess).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by Ripwave
    Try powering off the modem when this happens - that might cause eircom to "reset" the connection.

(Just a guess).

I think that's a very good guess. I've had it happen now and again and resetting the connection does the trick. It takes about 2 minutes for my external modem to reset.

Will do that, thanks Lads :eek:
    But this happens all the time now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭P3nfold

It's an internal auth error.
    http://www.pfad.org/errors/645.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

I have the same problem except I have a PCI modem. This means there's no separate modem to power off.

However I think the problem is more or less solved! It used to be you had to ring the 1550 support number to get them to disconnect you. A few weeks ago when I did this I was told that a server (software?) upgrade would solve the problem.

Now when I have a crash I just wait 5 minutes for the server to notice I'm not really there anymore and I can connect again. It used to be you'd stay showing as connected. That really drove me round the twist when it happened after 10pm and the 1550 people had all gone home :mad:

More than once I had to go all night on my backup dial-up Internet connection :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Originally posted by cranoo
    I am on Eircom dsl using win 98se, when the puter freezes and I have to reboot and log back into Eircom
    Is it a USB modem you're using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

I am running windoes 2000 and was getting a login error all last night..

Me thinks itrs a problem with Eircom authentication servers. If the problem continues tonight Ill be ringing em up and giving them what for

Originally posted by Washout
    Me thinks itrs a problem with Eircom authentication servers. If the problem continues tonight Ill be ringing em up and giving them what for
    I doubt their authentication servers are causing his PC to crash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Originally posted by Frank Grimes
    I doubt their authentication servers are causing his PC to crash.

MY PC also hangs on connection and i have to contrl alt delete ->> end task and then reboot. this only happens occasionaly when i do make a connection and it has only started happening int he past week or so

most of the time ig et a message saying login and pasword incorrect even tough i have rememebr password option clicked.

Originally posted by Sarsfield

Now when I have a crash I just wait 5 minutes for the server to notice I'm not really there anymore and I can connect again. It used to be you'd stay showing as connected. :eek:

Yup its an USB alcatel modem, it takes me about five minutes to reboot three or four times and then to re connect to eircom, so me thinks :confused: this is the problem and after five minutes of rebooting I think the puter has solved its prob, but really its the eircom server disconnecting me, and after five minutes lets me reconnect :dunno:

Did you try updating the NDIS drivers?
    That can sort out a load of hanging/crashing problems on Windows 98se and USB stuff.

Originally posted by Frank Grimes
    Did you try updating the NDIS drivers?
    That can sort out a load of hanging/crashing problems on Windows 98se and USB stuff.

Thanks Frank Done that, but mostly the puter crashes when playing BF1942.

AuthenticAMD AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2200+
    512MB RAM
    78% system resources free

Advertisement