Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Boards.ie the only successful .con in the world???

• 19-01-2001 11:10am
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We've been 9 months running and in the last week we've had our busiest time ever breaking all sorts of records.... (I blame the CSer's smile.gif )

Cloud's little baby-board that started sooo long ago is reaching some sort of maturity...
    *sniff*

We've just passed 3 Million impressions (we want to catch the 3 Millionth page served and give a little prize to the reader but we missed it, it shot past us and I'm shagged if I'm counting back 50K in the logs smile.gif )

We've also broken our own records for most impressions in one day (13,000 beating the previous record day, when Shinji made some 'comments' about the Quake National Team and all hell broke loose smile.gif )
    and our average impressions per day has broken 10K...

Congrats all, amazing isnt it that a small band of merry gamers can out last vocal.local.ie and operate on a shoestring budget.

One last thing, a big shout out to our moderators who work for nothing (revenue? we dont need no stinkin' revenue!).
    Is we didnt have the Kharns, Castor Troys, Mindphucks and all the rest of the guys watching our backs we, as a community, wouldnt have this little home on the internet. There is a pint around here somewhere for ye smile.gif

The Boards Team.
    Cloud, DeVore, Regi, Tr1n1ty, Vexorg.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Frodo@work

Well done lads, you do a super job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Well I am a recent person to the boards but all the work that has been done is great and I would like to give u all a big thank u If it was not with out these boards I think we all would be lost and a thank u to regi for puttin up with my stupid questions smile.gif u guys do a great job. I have looked back over a few posts and they really have been funny and I think this one has to take the first prize to make u laugh for some one actin like such a muppet http://www.boards.ie/bulletin/Forum1/HTML/000819.html Well done lads keep all the hard work up.
    What was the prize hopefully not a date with one of u biggrin.gif Also if there is prizes Castor r Hobbes has to win it for the most wierd'est links r pictures.

[This message has been edited by Crash&Burn (edited 19-01-2001).]

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

the 'for sale' board is really good I think smile.gif
    quite handy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

I'd just like to pitch in and say nice job guys and thx for providing the service smile.gif

UP DA DUBS!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

Hobbes is American, and works for Lotus - so that explains that. smile.gif

Yup, the boards still rock, and just want to say thanks to Dev, Regi, Vex, Cloud and anyone else who take thier own time to give us all a place to moan, slag, and post badly edited sexually explict pictures of people and DeVore.

Cheers lads.

Oh while I'm here is there any chance of having the old interface for surfing the newsgroups back? The newer one is crap compared to it imo.

bubbs

[This message has been edited by bubbles (edited 19-01-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">We've also broken our own records for most impressions in one day (13,000 beating the previous record day, when Shinji made some 'comments' about the Quake National Team and all hell broke loose) </font>

Glad to be of service! wink.gif

I'll wager that last weeks record breaking may have been something to do with the various ruckuses (is that a word?) on the CS boards...

Congrats on 9 months, Boards.ie folk - a hell of a lot of .cons don't even make it to full-term. smile.gif If you go right the way back to the start of the boards, past the Cloud Boards and to the ones on Quake.ie and so on, how old does that make the whole thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Wayhay!!!!!

we'er number 1, we'er number 1 smile.gif

Good going to all that make this happen......

Ciaran Sutcliffe
    aka: sutty
    [HIV]sutty
    For a good time goto:
    http://www.hotinternetvirgins.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

Hurrah for boards.ie! Thanks to all the guys who bring us this service, it's much appreciated biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

/me kisses some ****

Good job lads.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 [Neil0r]

yah fair play
    gg and all that..
    wink.gif

nethousegames

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭pat kenny

The population of the boards is sky-rocketing,we have a police force in the form of the moderators,we've had civil war on the old half-life board which led to a split,so tell me when do we get to vote smile.gif ,o and soon we'll need an army.
    WELL DONE!

Dont make me He-B1tch Man Slap You!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭[SN]JAG

hobbes is irish and works in the states

but wow this has to be one of the most succesful irish websites i know of
    (of course if the fallen quake news had of kept goin twould be diff) smile.gif

Irelnad will never be the same
    popup.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Yeah lads, played. Long live boards.ie smile.gif

Agus anois ar TG Ceathair, ROBOT WARS!
    [ www.clan-bse.co.uk ] [ littletinyman@clan-bse.co.uk ]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pat kenny:
    split,so tell me when do we get to vote smile.gif
    </font>

Vote? I thought we were considered "friendly dictatrors" wink.gif

Anyway wll done to Dev and co'. With out the boards, the communites that have developed would never have existed.

Unexpected acts of kindness...are common among our group

http://www.firstones.com
    www.spacebattles.com
    Net House Games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Daneel

I also want to say thanks to the lads, they are the best masters I have ever had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

/me hugs daneel, whispering - "where's that Ernott of ours fècked off to anyway?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

pld all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Well done and stuff.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

This'll probably sound all ar$e-kissey, but that's not the intention... I've been here since April 2000 myself, and seen the site develop nicely over that time. I now must check in regularly every day just to keep up with what's going on. It's good people that make bulletin boards fun and useful and you lot are a good, diverse bunch, making boards.ie an essential daily read smile.gif. It deserves the awards it was runner-up for - and more. Well done and continued success to boards.ie and all involved in it. I'm glad to be a part of it...

bard2.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

hey Dev can you do the web trends again
    there great fun to see who is looking
    at the boards the most smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yeah. lets see who is the saddest bas7ard of us all.
    /me looks in hobbes' direction... :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

its all going good...
    almost too good.. hmmmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Plyd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

'stuff wink.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

gg, pld, 'stuff, shot

etcetera.

Advertisement