Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jedi's Challenges

Options
  • 18-02-2000 11:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Over the next few months I'm going to run some challenges on my web site www.angelfire.com/ut/jediquake3/index.html . I'm open to any suggestions.

So the first challenge I put to the irish public (An idea given to me by Bunny) is to record a 10mins demo of yourself V 4 Hardcore bots on Q3DM17. Then send the demos into myself for viewing. The person with the highest score in 10mins, there demo will be posted onto www.challenge-ie.com for the rest of the world to admire it.

Post demos into jedisvault@yahoo.com .
    closing date is 1 march for this one. All demos will be posted on my site. So stay tuned.

[This message has been edited by Jedi (edited 18-02-2000).]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

since when do the rest of the world read challenge-ie
    in fact when do any irish ppl read challenge-ie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Cheekymonkeys

sunglasses.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

considering how challenge-ie seem to make things up as they go along, i'm not surprised no one reads it smile.gif

errr, el-pres, cons to uk are poor? i'm getting better pings and smoother games on the ukccl & demon servers than on ign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I am saddened that no one reads all my work I really am.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

yah quake.ie is great too smile.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

well mr jedi
    i dont think it should be in q3dm17
    cos u get rail and snipe and bots wont do nething or will fire and miss
    aswell what bots?
    u play 4 crashes and ure laughin play 4 xearoes and yer cryin tongue.gif
    G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Ok good point 4 stripe bots.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

This reminds me of [jedi]obiwan's challange all those years back. Anyone else get that dejavu feeling there, their names are so similar and all smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Ya. Railing takes skill. Give us a chance. smile.gif

exactly smile.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

I think jedi just wants to find out how everyone elses railing compares to his own, but somehow I doubt some of the better railers will be able to enter...Slaan has no machine to play on, with bots at the moment I get 10 to 15 fps on that level (not that I'm saying I'm a good railer or anything...)

www.csn.ul.ie/~osiris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Ya should see Quozl with the rail on LAN, its not pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

How about u put about a challenge for the irish public to record a 2 hour demo verus some menceing frogbots on dm3 smile.gif

stop looking at me like that it's a valid suggestion smile.gifsmile.gif

[This message has been edited by Vincent (edited 20-02-2000).]

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If you look at or play Tourney 3 you'll see that there is a lot of railing in it.
    Its just that its not the ONLY way to win, where as camping on the rail ledge zooming in is going to be the most effective scoring approach on Dm17.
    It'll turn into a competition of who can rail from a distance (read: Camp) the best.

Try Tourney 3 for yerselves, much more action, more weapons and loads of railing all the same.

DeVore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

DeV have you actually tried playin hardcore bots on dm17, they aint stoopid (figuratively speaking) u try camp out on that ledge and those bots will start to ignore each other and send enough rockets out ure way to make u think twice about camping there again. Anyway zoom railing from out there doesn't take any skill, it's hitting moving targets while you are zipping across those jump pads, or railing at really close quarters thats really impressive, and not many ppl can do that.

www.csn.ul.ie/~osiris

its just a challenge dont enter it if u dont like the level, wtf is the fuss about?!

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What fuss?
    FS Chaos, I'm just suggesting a different map, get the **** off my back yeah?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Once again the lack of tone of voice fails us smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

Okay, not dm17, i didnt know u could stand on that thing and rail, we'll just change it to some other level. I CAN BEAT ANARKI ON Q3TOURNAMENT4 SO I DONT NEED TO ENTER.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Dev, so you like q3t3 smile.gif
    Cool, bagsy first duel with you at dublan smile.gif
    Quozl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Dev, so you like q3t3 smile.gif
    Cool, bagsy first duel with you at leprecon smile.gif
    Quozl

blah

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

ARGH!

Why that STOOPID map.
    Its rail rail rail,

Something like Tourney 3 would be better where you can use your weapon of choice.

DeV.

Fair enough forget about it. Your all a bunch of useless ****s. It was a simple challange, if your not up for it don't comment on it. Sit quietly in the backround and keep your mouth shut. I wasn't even going to enter. forget it. ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Predator

Now look what ye pack of ingrates have done tongue.gif
    uve gone and hurt mr.jedi's feelings
    jedi u shouldnt **** yerself about 3 ppl who want to change the map , man, u should go ahead and as someone else sed , let ppl play what they want.
    I for one was actually tryin yer challenge
    and imho the best tactic is to use shotgun cos them bots seem to jump just be4 u rail em frown.gif
    Do what u want. If u want a challenege on q3tourney3 dev , why not start a challenege yerself? or any other level anyone out there fancies ?
    G.

Daddy or Chips?

Anyone still wan to send in a demo go ahead. All will be posted on my website.

http://www.angelfire.com/ut/jediquake3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

jedi I'll have a demo ready for you at trinlan (not going to be the best but what the hay)(I can only get about 50 kills with out camping) sad.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

Jedi u should still go ahead with the competition its a good idea. Its one of my favourite levels even if my rail is not the best. Don't mind people who want a different level.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

here... here, I secound that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

Anyone else who want's to write for Challenge-IE only needs to mail me or Dev. We only set it up cos all the other countries were setting theirs up and if we didn't set it up then, we'd never get one. If ppl don't want an irish challenge site we can take it down.

Plus jedi is a completely different animal to like obi-wan. He's a dead sound bloke who's mad hooked on the actual game - obi was just an irc-op who hardly ever played. I think it's a good idea - bot comps are a good way to compare players on equal pings. I agree the level aint the best but a different one would have been chosen the next time.

Advertisement